Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    ryan

Today we, indeed the world, lost a very good friend. Rest in peace, Thierry Viatour, the director of KMW Europe. You will be deeply missed. All the best to Larissa; we mourn with you.

By the way, I chose this photo because it is the way I remember Thierry: happy, with a contagious smile, strong and fun-loving. I miss you already, my friend

Attachments:

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Re: Loss of a friend…

I was saddened when I heard about Thierry this morning. I enjoyed the time I got to spend with him.

RIP to a good guy and a talented person.

mara-jade

Oh man.. I”m so sorry to read about this..:(:

Hi Ryan,

thanks for posting this nice picture of Thierry…

Life is strange, I was speaking about you with Thierry not many days ago. I was telling him that I absolutely wanted to meet you in person the next time you were over in Europe.

As one of Thierry’s oldest friend and former student, I must tell you this is not one of the best days of my life. I’ve shared so many moments, so many training sessions, so many talks so many laughs with him. Darren might remember me as the guy who translated the seminars for him the first time Thierry and Larissa had him in Brussels with John Whitman. Thierry was suppose to translate but he was so proud and moved to be the first one to have them over here that I jumped in and offered my help.

I have only good memories of those times spent with Thierry. It’s easy to say so when someone passes away but in this case this is the one and only truth.

Thierry cared much about others, sometimes too much for his own good. He was sincere and not afraid to recognize when he was wrong, something not many persons can do. He was man of his words.
    I wouldn’t be who I am and where I am today if it was not because of him. I remain proud that he was a part of my life for so many years and he’ll stay alive in the memories of those who had the chance to cross his path.

Thank you again and may he have found peace,

“So long my friend, I’m gonna miss you…”

Rodolphe

relli-kant

Can anyone tell me what happened? Was he sick, or was it an accident? He was so young, it’s shocking to hear. Rest in peace! 🙁

ryan

Rod, I just spoke with him Friday. This still does not seem real to me, and during my last trip to Lugano, Thierry spoke highly of you. This will be posted on our site soon:

Dear Fit to Fight and Krav Maga Family,

On July 14, 2011, we lost a very close and dear member of our family. Thierry Viatour was the director of Krav Maga Worldwide in Europe. He was also instrumental in bringing Fit to Fight to Europe and was one of our greatest supporters. We when decided to form a “partnership”, it was done at dinner, with a handshake. I somehow knew that was enough, and I was right. Both systems were greatly influenced by Thierry and saw tremendous growth through his leadership. We could/cannot thank him enough for believing in us and our “direction”.

For me, personally, he was a great friend. Though I did not know him nearly as long as I would have liked, I spent a good deal of time with him during two trips last year (much of that due to a volcano.) He was energetic, passionate and articulate. He (and Larissa) were tremendous hosts, and I very much enjoyed spending time with him. I was ecstatic to find someone that was willing to think outside of the box, admit flaws in certain ways of thinking and commit to change when deemed necessary. It was truly refreshing and spoke volumes of him as a leader. I spoke with Thierry just last week…this still does not seem real to me.

The world lost a good man today. He had done many great things and touched many people, but I strongly believe he had much more to still give the world.

I lost a good friend. In a very short time, he quickly became a member of our family. I looked forward to a long friendship. That will have to wait…

I miss you, my friend,

Ryan

Attachments:

unstpabl1

I am sorry for your loss

Mike

Just a little something from me to Thierry…
    http://www.acdsbelgium.org/divers-misc/thierry-rip/

Best regards,

Rod

kvmorl

quote Relli Kant:

Can anyone tell me what happened? Was he sick, or was it an accident? He was so young, it’s shocking to hear. Rest in peace! 🙁

Haven’t been around in while, I read about Thierry Viatour first, wow. I watched a lot of his videos from seminars and sent my brother in Belgium to meet him in a seminar last year. Shocked!

Like Relli; what happened? I haven’t found anything explaining it.

kvmorl

Anyone know for certain?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: