Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    dv8njoe

Today I made Level 2 after a 4 hour work out test. It was trying but at the same time very fun. Just thought I’d let you guys know. I’ ve been doing KM for 6 months now. 😆

eddie-c

Good job and congrats…

jjbklb

Congratulation!

My Level 2 test won’t be till next year .

4 hours…wow

maybe I should drink a Red Bull before mine.

rosie

Actually, you should probably limit your caffeine intake on the day of the test, since it will dehydrate you.

congrats!

dv8njoe

Thank you people for your words. I’d stay away from the redbull though it would make oyu dehydrated. I had Jack in the Box 2 hours before my test and I kinda felt it during the test.

la-revancha

Caffeine and peformance: classic debate.

NTC actually offers energy drinks, sodas, and water to accomodate just about everybody. I have shared many stories about the benefits of Ripped Fuel during training and its lingering effects afterwards ❗ .

I think beverages like Red Bull, Ripped Fuel, and caffeine lead to dehydration without proper hydration. In other words, just make sure to bring plenty of water to the exam and drink it often (I need a gallon or so). I’ve taken four exams as a student and four exams as an instructor. Couldn’t imagine participating in one without coffee.

My two cents

rosie

I think the rule of thumb is that for every caffeinated beverage you drink, you have to drink twice as much water in addition to the caffeinated drink to stay hydrated. I am highly addicted to coffee but on days when I know I am going to get a long workout, I drink it as early as possible so it doesn’t irritate my stomach.

I read somewhere that caffeine releases stored sugar into the bloodstream, making it easier to burn off, which is a plus. But there is an unpleasant side effect: relaxing of the intestinal muscles. I guess if you can handle that, drink up.

theironman

Actually, you’d want to drink a big 16oz glass of milk before-hand.
    just-kidding..LOL!!

You should carb-up the day before the test. I know our L2 tests are in the afternoon so it’d be wise to have some pasta for dinner and some good-quality carbs in the morning. Definitely something light about 2-3 hours before your test if in the afternoon.

\”Hydrate or die\” is a long-standing triathaolon creedo. Works in Krav too. I do the same thing as rosie does myself.

The unpleasant side effects of coffee can be heard in my company’s restroom about 10AM during business days. 8 out of 10 stalls are occupied. I don’t have such a problem cause I don’t abuse too much. Plus I make my own brew.

Jack in the box would be pushing it on a test day. Especially if you have the tacos. Ouch! You don’t want your body to be in digest-mode on something heavy like that. Plus your blood thickens up a bit from the insulin dump. Not good juju.

Anyway, Congrats!

Cheers!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: