Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    gabriel-rizk

I’ve recently started training with Krav Maga and I’ve been impressed with just how basic and instinctive it can be. The only complaint I really have is that the session only lasts an hour. I’d like more time to perfect my technique in certain areas.

I was wondering, how do each of you train when you aren’t in class? I don’t mean supplemental training like flexibility or strength – more along the lines of specific technique.

Thank you for your consideration.

Re: Mastering Technique

I was using my coworkers to practice, until they began to see my injuries. HA! I have a heavy bag to practice kicks and punches. The chokes I just have to wait until class. Before class, we usually have a few minutes to stretch, so me and few others will mock spar a little to warmup. That’s a good time to get some practice in with a live person, and most importantly, a person who knows what you might be missing during your application.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

I think JarrettA said it the best.

Her neighbors thinks shes crazy because shes always walking though her apt doing choke from the front from the side etc to a fake attacker.

In short its another version of shadow boxing.

bracius

I use “the” yellow book on my off days. I use class time to further develop and hone what I’ve learned and ask plenty of questions. I also get a fair amount of practice with my wife. My mother lives with us so I get to practice her too.

As for technique….I have a tree that I wrapped with bubble wrap and duct tape. It helps with the striking.

clfmak

quote Bracius:

I use “the” yellow book on my off days. I use class time to further develop and hone what I’ve learned and ask plenty of questions. I also get a fair amount of practice with my wife. My mother lives with us so I get to practice her too.

As for technique….I have a tree that I wrapped with bubble wrap and duct tape. It helps with the striking.

ha! A tree wrapped in bubble wrap and duct tape! I have a desquerdes made of PVC, pipe insulation and gorilla tape (that’s the thing I’m hitting in my avatar).

bracius

LOL

Yeah….i saw the $300 dollar price tag on the big stand up wavemasters. I looked at it and thought to myself how can I do this cheaper and better.

It has all the padding I need to protect myself. It provides enough resistance for me to development myself. Its on a slight decline so I strengthen my foot work. And its was all done for less than $40. Plus I am outside which is such a huge bonus for me.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: