Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    lenny3332

Hi,

I had my fourth class last night (a demanding one) and something strange happened. At the end of the class, the lights started to look funny. I drove home and then started to get shooting pains in my right eye. Shortly thereafter, I started to vomit.

Anyways, my thought is that I somehow got a migraine. I have only had a few over my lifetime. Has this ever happened to anybody else? Could physical intensity bring something like this on?

Unfortunately, now I am somewhat apprehensive about my next class in case it happens again.

Thanks all,
    Ryan

stevetuna

Re: Migraine

Wow – migranes rank up there in the top five pain category, along with kidney stones, a good kick to the balls, torn ligaments in a major joint and, last but not least, a shot to the liver.

I am sure that I got my (very few, thankfully) migranes from stress. I can assure you that I am remarkably unqualified to give you any advice about this other than to get together soon with your doctor to get a tune-up.

I hope things work out for you.

mara-jade

quote lenny3332:

Hi,

I had my fourth class last night (a demanding one) and something strange happened. At the end of the class, the lights started to look funny. I drove home and then started to get shooting pains in my right eye. Shortly thereafter, I started to vomit.

Anyways, my thought is that I somehow got a migraine. I have only had a few over my lifetime. Has this ever happened to anybody else? Could physical intensity bring something like this on?

Unfortunately, now I am somewhat apprehensive about my next class in case it happens again.

Thanks all,
    Ryan

Yeah, Steve’s made an excellent point. That’s not normal AT all. I’ve had some bad ones but only so far as almost getting to the barf stage but never actually happening. Other times I was just exhausted. I would definitely go see a doctor as being online, we’re not the ones to give you any kind of medical advice.

Take it easy Ryan:wav:

lenny3332

Thanks for responding. Yes, I think if it happens again, I will head to the doctors. I am not sure that I want to go yet as it may have just been a coincidence. Who knows, my wife cooked that night, so that may have made me sick:)

quote mara_jade:

I would definitely go see a doctor as being online, we’re not the ones to give you any kind of medical advice.

Good advice…

Mrs. Hippie who is a PA and always says the same thing when I ask her about someone’s medical question on a web board said, “Go see your Dr.” If you don’t know what a PA is, I can explain but in short, it’s like a Dr.

Your Dr. will want a good history to see if this is a “typical” migraine or headache. An ABnormal headache following hard exercise can raise concerns.

Mrs. Hippie declined to elaborate on what it means to be a “normal” headache but she did say that you wouldn’t be overreacting if you went to the Dr.

mara-jade

quote lenny3332:

Thanks for responding. Yes, I think if it happens again, I will head to the doctors. I am not sure that I want to go yet as it may have just been a coincidence. Who knows, my wife cooked that night, so that may have made me sick:)

THAT’S COLD MAN . Just be careful Ryan. Last thing we need to read is you’re in the ER cause you got stubbornOhMy

giant-killer

Did you get the migraine after getting hit in the head (during sparring maybe)? That might be a reason for concern.

I fully sympathize. I had my first migrane a few months ago and I have only been in pain like that before once or twice before in my life. Terrible experience. While I am far from an expert on migranes, I am a former EMT and I now work as a cardiac analyst, so I have some experience in the medical field. You stated that you have had migranes before. What were you doing before the onset of the other ones? If it was similar activities or if the headaches are becoming more frequent or severe, I would definately talk to a physician about it right away. If it has just been sporatic, I wouldn’t worry too much, but it’s never a bad idea to consult with a doctor for anything unusal… especialy if you are participating in extremely strenuous activities.

Hope this helps and hopefuly you don’t have a repeat experience.

J-

lenny3332

All great responses-thanks. I was not sparring but it was intense during class, as always, but even more so. The few that I have had in the past have been more spontaneous with no real precursors.

I will definitely keep a close eye on the situation and if it should ever happen again, I will definitely see my PCP or NP. Although I have white coat syndrome, I know that it is for the best.

I appreciate the advice and support.

maskedkat

I occasionally get what are called “ocular migraines.” I get the weird halo thing (in my case, a sparkly light sort of like a laser-cut “dazzler”). First time it happened I thought I was having a stroke, since I lost my entire left visual field. I saw a neurologist (per an RN’s advice) and ruled out stroke and tumor. The migraines are a pain (literally) but fortunately rare. Mine tend to be brought on by stress… I guess a tough class could bring one on!

garddawg

See a doctor. It’s always good to rule out anything systemic. That being said, exercise induced headaches are actually quite common.

unstpabl1

a lot of migraines are causeed by flow problems. The muscles in the back,shoulders and especially the neck knot. Myofascile and chiro can help alot. If only I could convince my mom to go.

blindfold

Well one thought was told to me by a Dr. who takes class with us, was don’t hold your breath or push yourself without water to resupply.

He also said to go pay your co-payment and have it checked. Hopefully its something as simple as either of the above.

ita

Any sudden change in your headache patterns should be taken to a doctor so you can get looked at. Hopefully it’s just a once off thing.

Also, many things can trigger migraines once you’ve gotten started, and exertion is one of them. Of course endorphins can help them, so it’s a bit of crapshoot.

giant-killer

What’s “Myofascile”?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: