Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    kravron

I wanted to get a good idea of how many students of Krav are in the military. In my experience its very limited in its exposure to our troops of war and I for one would love to see Military participation increase as IMHO the marines have the only effective martial arts combat system at this time.

dv8njoe

re:

Marine Corps 1998-2001. Let go because of seperated shoulder injury.
    Krav student since May 2004.

kravron

I am active duty Air Force and I can garuntee we get NO hand to hand combat. However I have had the oppurtunity to attend the Army Combatives course, lets just say the instructor got a little \”realistic\” in the \”training\” so I did too…..he left the class with a sore arm and several bruises a few minutes later. Apparently Krav > than Army Combatives Course either that or the caliber of combatives course instructors is very very low.

aflt

I’m active duty Air Force – military police. We get limited H2H. At my last base, due to a generous boss, I was able to bring in the Krav Force Protection guys and certify several as agency instructors. So, I know at least one SF unit (about 300+ people) have been exposed to Krav. I also trained a few Army National Guard that were working with us at the time.

I continued my training with one of the KM instructors until I moved to Guam. Still training on my own. . .teaching skills to my new unit. . .trying to spread Krav throughout the career field, but it’s slow going. 😕 I know some of the other troops that certified as agency instructors with me have also moved and are teaching their new units as well.

ppct-dti

USMC Semper Fi

I am currently in the Marine Corps Reserve with a combined total of 15 years USMC Active and Reserve time. My last active duty stint was in Iraq in 2003. My MOS (military occupational specialty) currently is 0369 Infantry Unit Leader, I say currently becuase I will be making a move over to the Military Police Field soon.

Since I joined the Marines I have learned three separate H2H systems. The first was the LINE System, then came the USMC Close Combat system, now I am learning the Marine Corps Martial Arts System. I am currently a green belt and I should be testing for Brown Belt (soon very soon), but I have a few more sparring sessions left to complete and then I should be allowed to test.

If you want more info on the Marine Corps Martial Arts Program here is a link to the unofficial website http://www.marinecorpsmartialarts.com/

In my opinion Krav Maga and MCMAP are very close, they have different approaches but they seek the same goals. Technique wise they are also very similar. Here are just a couple of examples, our elbow #1 is also my horizontal elbow in MCMAP, there is no difference; our hammer fist down is also my vertical hammer fist from high to low in MCMAP.

I know thre are some people that trash talk MCMAP, I have seen it on this forum before, but trust me MCMAP is good to go. IF you don’t believe me then challegene any Tan Belt to a Pugil Stick Fight, you go 100% and you don’t stop until the other man is down.

Krav + MCMAP is a winning combination.

To all you warriors still in the fight, God Bless You, Keep your Head Down, Look Out for Your Buddies, and Come Home Safe.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: