Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Minimum time in before taking L1 test

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

I’ll probably have 3 months when it’s time to test. They still haven’t set the exact date. One of the instructors made a comment that you needed to be doing it for at least 4 months to test. My normal instructor hasn’t mentioned it. I will of course ask him directly next time I train w/ him. I have a crazy schedule, but fortunately my school has several class times.

Is the 4 month thing standard? I know the Complete Krav book says 4 months on average, but I was a little distressed to hear it as a hard and fast rule. I would really like to test and I know I will be ready.

Thanks

mara-jade

Re: Minimum time in before taking L1 test

That’s not a hard a fast rule – it’s a guideline the way I see it. How often do you go? The more you go the more techniques will start to flow. Hubby and I got our level 1 in 3 months. I will say though we were going every day and sometimes doing 2 classes. My center is open M-Th and Saturday mornings.

If you’re not studying outside of class, only relying on your center’s classes but not going too often, then perhaps you might not be ready. Ready is all relative you know:D:

If the guidelines in the KM book were a rule, then hubby and I are REALLY late on our level 3 belt. :D: Life happens, sometimes KM has to take a back seat. Anyone here will tell you thatthumbsup

Thanks. I was able to ask my main instructor and he confirmed the 4 month thing, but also said that it was up to his discretion. He also said that they might test in July as opposed to June which probably makes sense as they are moving locations. We’ll see. I’ll probably survive if I can’t test this time. 🙂

mara-jade

More time so you can kick butt when you take the test – best of luckthumbsup

saruotoko

“Arsenal,” who is your main instructor? Is it Jeff, Kersten, Brent, Wayne….? Which one in Austin? I trained there before moving out to the west coast.

First, please tell Jeff & Kersten that Mario Alaniz says hello. Second, if you want to improve your chances of testing in June….don’t ask Kersten. She’s a TOTAL sweetheart, but I’d totally put her in the “Kelly” class of instructors. In short, she’s a killer.

Even if it is 4 months, take it from me….4 months means you’ll have the techniques DOWN. Jeff & his gang don’t mess around. They’re all quality people, so you’re in WAY good hands in the ATX.

Peace!

El Guapo

saruotoko

Forgot to ask: Which location are you training at? Is it the one behind PennField, the one on William Cannon, or up in Cedar Park? (Can’t remember if the Round Rock location is still open.)

Where are they looking to move to? I’m just curious, “Arsenal.”

Thanks!

I train at Self Defense Texas. It’s run by Ryan Hardy. I go to their Riata location usually and hit Pflugerville as make up classes.

If you’ve been gone for some time, there apparently was a split here with the south locations going one way and the north ones ending up in my school. My school is moving however, but I think it’s just going a little way’s up I35.

bracius

Hey cool! I go to the P-ville class on Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday. Can’t wait for the new gym!

saruotoko

Wow….there’s a Krav location at Riata?!? Yikes! I HAVE been gone a little while now. 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: