Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    jl

Just wanted to thank CJ’s Dad for the good work you do on this forum.

I may not agree with some of the posts here. But in general this is a wonderful forum for those interested in Israeli Martial Arts. It stays that way when a moderator knows when to shut a thread down.

I would also like to publicly apologize for some of the harsh words I’ve used in the passed. I guess I get a little frustrated with the younger generation.

I truly enjoy this forum and the Ladies and Gentlemen that post.
    Happy Holidays to all!! May next year bring us even closer together in what we believe in …Krav Maga! JL

mara-jade

Re: moderator

Hey JL:wav:

Amen! That’s very kind of you to apologize. I know everyone can get all worked up when it looks like what we love is getting trashed. I know that’s happened to me. I have relative who this year got his black belt in Karate. I’m very proud of him but it really got to me at first when he just labeled my KM training as ‘oh, it’s just those finishing moves, huh’? I was friggin pissed inside 😡 but you know what? I just started thinking like ‘oh, they’ll FINISH you if you start it’:D:

Here’s to Sean :beer: for keep the forum running smooth as glass:D: Here’s to y’all for coming here and helping out the newbies (me included – I get lots of great info here). I know sometimes we’d love to strangle a few here but face it ..YOU LOVE ITrofl2

Pardon me now while I chow down..tabasco wings, tamales, chips, bbq meatballs, mango milkshake-LOL:D:

vwr32

JL, don’t know if u ever said anything mean to me, but I wanted to be the first to say I forgive u if u did. In fact, what the heck. It’s Christmas… I’ll forgive u for saying anything mean to me the rest of the year.
    rofl2

quote mara_jade:

Pardon me now while I chow down..tabasco wings, tamales, chips, bbq meatballs, mango milkshake-LOL:D:

Are u and RQ sharing diet tips?:D:

mara-jade

quote vwr32:

JL, don’t know if u ever said anything mean to me, but I wanted to be the first to say I forgive u if u did. In fact, what the heck. It’s Christmas… I’ll forgive u for saying anything mean to me the rest of the year.
    rofl2

Are u and RQ sharing diet tips?:D:

Nah, not today. I’ll get what’s coming to me this weekend in class. Just gotta see which pain I’ll be up for going torofl2. Decisions, decisions – so much pain – so little time:D:

giant-killer

‘Tis the season of love JL, all your sins are forgiven! Now group hug! :):

mara-jade

quote Giant Killer:

‘Tis the season of love JL, all your sins are forgiven! Now group hug! :):

Did someone call for a group hug?

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

~So that others may post in peace~

jl

~So that others may post in Peace~

Love it, very creative. I have always felt welcome at this forum. Had some disagreements but otherwise had a a good experience. Like many others it would be simply awesome to see the heads of all the differing factions get together to build Israeli Martial Arts to higher and better levels(within). But alas I do not believe that will ever happen. I do know this much, Nir Mamman, David Kahn, Itay Gil and Moni Aizik are due to meet in Israel on the 15th of Dec. I sincerely hope that these guys include Darren Levine as far as any information shared and any differences cleared up.
    KMAA no doubt put Krav Maga on the map in the US. They should receive the highest praise from all that practice any form of that system. Happy Holidays to you all!!!
    May 2008 bring us all closer together! JL

giant-killer

Nir Maman, David Kahn, Itay Gil and Moni? Sounds like sparks are going to fly! :):

Actually, I’ve been thinking this for some time. We should lure all major Israeli and KM instructors who have been feuding in the past to one big room, then lock them in there and not let them come out until they’ve all kissed and made up. Better for everyone and they can share techniques, discuss stuff… They can probably all learn from each other. In fact, that’ll be my holiday wish. Peace on earth is a tough one, but let’s start with peace between all Israeli martial arts organisations and teachers. :):

jl

GK,
    That is a beautiful idea!!!!! They all bring something to the table! If the all mighty dollar was removed from the equation I think this could become a reality. If you add in Darren, that would be a helluva lot of talent in one room.

bradm

quote Giant Killer:

Nir Maman, David Kahn, Itay Gil and Moni? Sounds like sparks are going to fly! :):

Actually, I’ve been thinking this for some time. We should lure all major Israeli and KM instructors who have been feuding in the past to one big room, then lock them in there and not let them come out until they’ve all kissed and made up. Better for everyone and they can share techniques, discuss stuff… They can probably all learn from each other. In fact, that’ll be my holiday wish. Peace on earth is a tough one, but let’s start with peace between all Israeli martial arts organisations and teachers. :):

A beautiful idea? Maybe – if it would work. But I doubt it. These inner battles between different associations in a Martial Arts styles has been going on for years and years. Still hasn’t been resolved. Take Taekwondo for example. Those training in WTF style say they are the original. And the ITF says NO, they are the original. Then comes the ATA. Both WTF and ITF slammed them. But, yet the ATA is one of the biggest MA organizations in the world. Then the USTF comes in – yet another Taekwondo style to reckon with. And it just goes on and on. It all comes down to “my daddy can beat up your daddy”. Personally, I don’t see the Israeli arts being that much different either. As far as being able to resolve their disputes that is.

vwr32

quote Giant Killer:

We should lure all major Israeli and KM instructors who have been feuding in the past to one big room, then lock them in there and not let them come out until they’ve all kissed and made up.

What? No requirements for speedo-clad jello wrestling or topless calendars?

Who are u and what have u done with the real GK? 😡

giant-killer

If a jello wrestling match will break the ice, I say bring it on!!! Personally, I’d love to watch, but considering all of the hostilities that existed in the past, I thought it best to start of slowly. Baby steps…

quote Giant Killer:

If a jello wrestling match will break the ice, I say bring it on!!! Personally, I’d love to watch, but considering all of the hostilities that existed in the past, I thought it best to start of slowly. Baby steps…

How can you be hostile in Jello?

giant-killer

Well, they used to sling mud, now they are slinging jello… ;):

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: