Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    hollywood

I was just wondering what the monthly fees were at everyones school.

mara-jade

This has been discussed before that I can remember and the range was around the the high $80’s to over $100 a month per person. I think the fee structure is set by each center. 🙂

$600 + tax for 6 months is the only option at my school (a rather long committment). Although classes are offered many times a week, you are only allowed to attend a maximum of 2 classes per week. Each class is 45 minutes long. Other fees include fees for testing and equipment.

gp

They offer different options where I’m at but the fee is over $100 a month. Mara is right about the schools setting their own fee structures.

Street, they only allow you two classes a week? Are they typical busy where you are at and don’t have the space or just don’t want the student to exceed 2 classes a week? I’ve got unlimited classes where I’m at and they don’t charge for testing.

Re:

quote \”gp\:

They offer different options where I’m at but the fee is over $100 a month. Mara is right about the schools setting their own fee structures.

Street, they only allow you two classes a week? Are they typical busy where you are at and don’t have the space or just don’t want the student to exceed 2 classes a week? I’ve got unlimited classes where I’m at and they don’t charge for testing.

They really are not THAT busy. You are allowed to make up classes you miss, so I often go 3 or 4 times a week certain weeks. I dont’ know why they have that rule, a lot I suspect is as a way to make money, but to a certain extent maybe it is to limit having over full classes. Since they don’t care which classes you attend, it really doesn’t make a difference. Sometimes classes are super full, other times almost empty. They have us sign in at each class as a method of monitering how often each student attends.

As for testing… You can’t test into level 2 unless you have been there 6 months. You are also suppose to do a midterm (pre-test) after 3 months ($40). Some students have done the level test after 6 months without having done the pre-test and they don’t seem to mind.

Are 45 minute classes typical or am I being ripped off?

carpecanis

My school has 3 membership levels: Basic Krav Maga, which allows just the KM classes, a mid level which allows you to attend the fitness classes and use the gym and a super-duper level that gets you everything plus free seminars, tests, and some sort of discount at the pro-shop. I don’t recall what I pay for my mid-level membership, but I think it’s around $120/mo give or take.

There’s no limit on how many classes you can take either. One of the super hyper new guys has been there a bit over a month and has already attended 30-some Level 1 classes, plus a bunch of the fitness classes.

All of the classes are all a full hour. Except the Intro class, it’s a bit watered down and only 45 minutes. Don’t want to scare potential new members. 😈 Still, I don’t think I’ve seen anyone walk out of that one who wasn’t winded and swampy (I know I sure was).

You have to have been there a minimum of 4 months and have attended X-number of classes to test for Level 1. However, I don’t think too many people are ready to test that soon. I think the test is about $60. No mid-term exams.

kid

60 a month with 6 month commitment in the beginning

mara-jade

I know my center has either the fitness only membership or the KM membership (KM + fitness). I know they have 12 month memberships but dont’ remember if they still have the 6 months. You can take unlimited classes and you do pay for testing (workshop + actual test). I forget what the cost is since we’ve had ours since they opened 😀

I pay $115 a month for unlimited Krav and fitness classes. I’m only a white belt, so I guess it goes up as you move up the ranking. I signed up for a 6 month deal, and put $95 down when I signed up.

We definitely get our money’s worth though! My roommate and I go Monday through Saturday and love every second.

Not sure if there are testing fees though. Haven’t gotten there yet.

jfox

I definitely feel like I am getting ripped off now, thanks. I am paying over 100 a month… 6 month contract… two classes per week… 45 minutes each class…. had to buy certain overpriced gear from school… no testing options (Level 1 school only)… no fitness/krav package deals… and above all else, I have yet to get through any particular portion of the curriculum before someone new joins and we all end up at square 1.

I wish I had a couple of other schools to look at down here in VA. There is one other school just out of convenient driving range…

unstpabl1

Re:

quote \”JFOX\:

I wish I had a couple of other schools to look at down here in VA. There is one other school just out of convenient driving range…

Where are you in Virginia?Are you near Manasas?

jfox

South-East Virginia. Hampton Roads Area. I have friends in the Manasas area though. Great place up there.

unstpabl1

Re:

quote \”JFOX\:

South-East Virginia. Hampton Roads Area. I have friends in the Manasas area though. Great place up there.

I have a great friend there. He runs a combat conditioning gym and combatives. If your ever looking to supplement the Krav. They have great seminars in there all the time. Google team ruthless, it really is an awesome place

jfox

Thats about a 3.5 hour drive one way… a little too far for me on a regular basis. But if Im ever up there, I will stop in. Website is having some issues right now, says \”technical difficulties\”, but I will check it out!

unstpabl1

Re:

quote \”JFOX\:

Thats about a 3.5 hour drive one way… a little too far for me on a regular basis. But if Im ever up there, I will stop in. Website is having some issues right now, says \”technical difficulties\”, but I will check it out!

Yeah it looked like it was a truck. The web site was working just now. If your in the area,stop in and check them out. tell Dino, Mike in L.A. sent you. The guys they bring in for seminars are all top notch. All will supplement the Krav training. I think Tom Sotis is there next month a definite must see for knife fighting. Dan John as well who’s strentgh stuff cuts thru a lot of the crap. Force on force gun training. Things like that as you branch out from the empty hands. Krav will always be your base
    Good luck with your training

Mike

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: