Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    swornenemy

I watched Gross Pointe Blank (for the 10th time) over the weekend.

For some reason, I keyed in on the fight scene with the little Basque thug, in the hallway, during the reunion.

Lo and behold, I would swear that it was mostly KM, with a little high-kicking and some small joint work too (Aikido or judo?)

Confirmations? Anyone know for sure?

kravmdjeff

The \”little basque thug\” was actually Benny \”the Jet\” Uriquiez…one of the greater kickboxers when the sport first started to come into it’s own.

swornenemy

Wow…pretty cool. I don’t know my ancient history that well though…. 😉

veganmark

Another cool movie is an Israeli/English film with Israeli Star Lior Askhenazi. There is a terrific KM scene close to the end of the movie when he and a friend are walking through a train terminal and one guy says hey to a few gay friends. The Israeli character, who is in Germany to locate an SS War Criminal and the German guy keep walking and they all of a sudden hear some screaming. The Israeli character turns and sees his friend’s friends being abused by some thugs and we see KM in full action. The movie is called Walk on Water and is a gem of a film. It contains two or three good American songs and has a great story. The KM scene is an added bonus.

Mark

kadima

ha..even though Walk on Water was a good movie that stuff was far from KM

bradm

Speaking of movies. Has anyone seen Jet Li’s last one? Didn’t see any KM, but there was pretty neat Martial Arts fighting. I thought there was a pretty good story to it to.

veganmark

Brad,

It’s really not. It is closer to the style of KM that is taught to Israeli soldiers. You get more instruction based on what your area of expertise is. I found the scene in Walk on Water to be more realistic and closer to the Krav we learn than what was shown in the movie Enough.

Mark

Why do these topics always come up? I can’t stand hearing about these movie fights, and if KM was used. These are MOVIES! They are not REAL fights. Just because someone uses a knee in a fight scene, it does not mean that it is Krav Maga.

veganmark

Combative Edge,

Dude, we’re just talking. No one’s arguing. Walk on Water is an Israeli film so any military defensive action you see is going to be Kapap or Krav Maga. I am familiar with virtually all the styles of martial arts and defense from living in Israel for several years. Regardless, we were just having a discussion and there’s nothing wrong with that is there?

Mark

bradm

Re:

quote \”Combative Edge\:

Why do these topics always come up? I can’t stand hearing about these movie fights, and if KM was used. These are MOVIES! They are not REAL fights. Just because someone uses a knee in a fight scene, it does not mean that it is Krav Maga.

Just like veganmark stated: \” we’re just talking\”. Besides, the topic is no worse than some of the other topics that repeatedly appear on the forum. No one ever said they were real fights. You are right, they are movies – ment to entertain. Most martial artists I know enjoy watching martial arts movies and like to talk about them. And when martial artists watch a martial arts movie they like to look for techniuqes that might relate to their system and training. Maybe you don’t like to watch martial arts movies- or any movie with good fight scenes – that’s cool. Nothing wrong with that. But, don’t slam others that do. Piece out!

jaeroo

I have and have seen \”History of Violence\”. Lots of CQC techniques such as arm wrench w/ palmstrikes to the nose, stomp to the throat, neck break, kicking when on the ground, and close range shooting when you are on the ground with opponent on top of you.

kmcat

One movie that I saw that had a \”toy suprize\” at the end was \”Mindhunters\”. Towards the end there a fight between the LL Cool J character and the bad guy. The attack moves that the LL Cool J character does look a lot like basic KM moves.

Sorry guys. I was not in any way bashing you. I like a good fight scene as much as the next guy. It just comes up quite a bit, and usually when it is just a realistic looking fight scene in a movie. Someone always has to ask…\”was Krav Maga used\”? My point is that Krav Maga does not differ so much from alot of styles to say ,hey that was a Krav punch, or a krav knee.. Its no big deal, I just thought maybe someone else here would think the same way as me.

calicogirl

ENOUGH! No not telling you enough, the movie Enough – with JLO..

That is KM. Though that may have been posted before my time so.. Don’t flame me.

Great movie, powerful. Your women would get a kick out of the training, if they can handle watching a woman get beat up 👿 in the beginning.

anonymous

I have seen that movie only once and not in years, so I don’t remember it that well, but when I watched it I remember thinking that a lot of the stuff in the end didn’t really seem very KM-like (although I guess she trained in KM before she did the movie).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: