Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Most challenging Level 1 techniques to teach/Phase A

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    nosborne

Re: Most challenging Level 1 techniques to teach/Phase A

quote saruotoko:

For me personally, I see more challenges teaching the headlock from the side. Technically, it’s the most difficult technique to learn in Level 1 (in my very humble opinion). There’s foot work, there’s hand work, there’s counter-attacks, and there’s a somewhat tricky hand placement on a pressure point….all in the same technique.

I have been doing Krav for almost 4 years now and have heard almost every instructor mention that headlock from the side is one of the most difficult to teach. Mainly because it is the most techanical of the Level 1 defences. I think it is also more difficult because a lot of smaller girls are scared to be in that position and don’t think they can do it to the bigger guys, and guys just want to ‘ugh’ it.

On that note, sometimes it helps for those of us that are smaller (I’m 5’5″ and generally about 135lbs, but am currently 6 1/2 months prego) to see someone that it closer to our size doing the technique so that we see that it does work even for those of smaller build.

nosborne

Re: Most challenging Level 1 techniques to teach/Phase A

actually make that 7 months prego – time flies when you are getting fat!!

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: