Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    dixonmj

I recently changed KM schools. My first night I walked in towards the end of a Warrior Fit class. I noticed an elderly woman working her heart out. She was drenched in sweat and exhausted, but kept going. Then came time for the KM class to start. She lined up and completed the KM class. I was speaking with the instructor about her after class and how I’ll never let myself take it easy in training after seeing her.

He told me that she trains everyday. She comes in for TKD, the fitness classes and KM. That night she trained 1 1/2 hrs in TKD, 30 min. in fitness and then 45 min in KM. Each one right after the other, just enough time to change out of her Gi to get ready for the other classes. She’s testing for her black belt in TKD next month. Did I mention that she’s 75?

Now, I’ll never complain to myself for being too tired to go to class. I’ll never allow myself to try to take it easy in class or to miss the gym.

I’m 32, military, in decent shape and getting better, but I’m worn out after the gym and KM training. I see 20 yr olds in class putting forth less effort than she.

She’s truly inspiring and I hope this story helps someone else get or keep their motivation.

bjelder

Re: Motivating Story

75… holy cow!!! Good for her.

I’m hoping I can still walk by the time I get to 75!

smokelaw1

AWESOME! Thans for sharing this. When I see a young guy (we have a couple right now) that seem to try to “get through” krav classes, not really working too hard, I wonder who it is they think they are cheating, and what they want to get out of the classes.
    This woman is an inspiration. I bet she’s tough as nails, too. I’d love to get to know her.

dixonmj

She’s amazing. You’re right… those guys that are just “getting through” are cheating themselves. God forbid they ever need their training in a real life situation. Survival is as much about heart and perserverance in a highly stressful encounter as it is about technique.

quote bjelder:

75… holy cow!!! Good for her.

I’m hoping I can still walk by the time I get to 75!

I just hope to be alive at 75!

She sounds like an awesome Granny!!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: