Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums KM Techniques & Krav Maga Books Moving somebody by the neck while kneeing

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    cav

I’ve seen people get dragged around in training while they are being knee’d. I was wondering what the purpose of it is? Is it to obstruct multiple attackers, use a leg that isn’t as tired, or some other purpose that I’m not thinking of?

ryan

It can be used to place one attacker between you and another. In most cases, though, it’s done to disrupt the attacker’s base, thereby shifting their focus to staying upright, and taking their focus away from you kneeing them (or transitioning to something else.) Also, when using this \”Thai grip\”, you should try to control at the base of the skull, not the back of the neck.

Hope that helps.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Itís a basic law that where the head goes the body will follow. As Ryan shared by keeping your opponent off balance he is less likely to be able to make adjustments and block the knee onslaught. By changing angles your more likely to get past their guard find an opening and connect.

I think you were in class when I taught this last week but if not Iíd be glad to go over it with you buddy. Its a good question!

BTW we have a new student that might give you a run for your money as a training partner. He’s 6’8\” 390ish.. I think we are going to call you guys the \”The Two Towers\”

cav

Re:

quote \”CJs Dad\:

Itís a basic law that where the head goes the body will follow. As Ryan shared by keeping your opponent off balance he is less likely to be able to make adjustments and block the knee onslaught. By changing angles your more likely to get past their guard find an opening and connect.

I think you were in class when I taught this last week but if not Iíd be glad to go over it with you buddy. Its a good question!

Thanks for the replies all of that makes perfect sense. If you promise to keep my head attached to my body the way it is, I’d love to take you up on that offer 🙂

quote \”CJs Dad\:

BTW we have a new student that might give you a run for your money as a training partner. He’s 6’8\” 390ish.. I think we are going to call you guys the \”The Two Towers\”

Dang, my reach and size was a great advantage 🙂
    My wife and I are expecting soon, so my attendance will be irregular 🙁 I’m already going through withdrawals because I’ve missed Self Defense Tuesday, and training on Wednesday 🙁 I won’t be able to make it this Thursday either. Once I go paternity leave I should be able to attend more frequently once I get some rest.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Well congrats on the new lil one buddy~

Don’t be afraid to ask questions after class if I know the answer I’d be happy to share it.

giant-killer

6’8”, 390?? 😯 If you ever need a \”Giantkiller\” for that one, call me! 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: