Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    lions2011

Since you are the most experienced MT person here I have some questions.
    How is your spinning heel kick and flying knee strikes???
    Is the punching in MT the same as western Boxing.
    For clinch work do they just use the famous 2 hands on top of the head hold and do they have leg sweeps. I am sure they have other clinch moves.

Also have you had any injuries besides bruises.

Ok no more questions. Thanks.
    I cant wait to start in 6 weeks … really cant wait.

unstpabl1

Re: MT and unstop..

I’m not even close to the most experienced MT guy here. They’re are a lot with that base. They’re are guys here who both fought and cornered fights

punching is similar to boxing, footwork and defense is different due to knees and elbows. I can only speak for the LA KM schools but I don’t think you’ll feel a lot of difference between mt and km stand up at first

My MT/MMA freinds think I’m nuts for liking KM
    There is a lot to clinch work, not the least of making sure the other guy eats an elbow for even thinking about clinching up

No injuries other than shin bruises. Knock on wood

lions2011

I noticed that some MT, Boxers and MMA do not think highly of KM.
    They dont understand how we deal with mulitiple attackers or how we go for the groin or throat or eyes. How we deal with real life chokes and holds. I am just starting to figure this out and understand why KM is the king of street self-defense. We make look ugly in the ring but not the street.

I am only taking MT do develop my strikes better.
    When your friends compete in MT tourneys in LA do they allow elbows. This to me seems extremely dangerous as you can get your entire face sliced up.

unstpabl1

mostly no on the elbows, but that is starting to be allowed a bit more. Years ago NoWay

I’m going to go see both Saenchai and Buakaw fight in Aniheim in August hopefully elbow will be allowed. Its not MT w/o elbows

We all get biased on what we do being the right path. Thats why Imi wanted krav to be an open ended system. A girl I know who fights MT and boxes competively and is L3 in krav but it susinctly the other day if you wanna kick azz in the ring train here if you need it for the street go to krav. She left krav cause she didn’t like grappling. Now she fights at ever smoker she can

unstpabl1

a pro helped me today and I asked him about this for you. He said the Pro’s are now doing Full MT rules. So yes elbows and kneess are allowed…OUCH…This has been for the last few years. When I use to go to fights irt wasn’t allowed. In the amatuers no elbows

I forgot to ask if this was just in Kali or nationwide….I’m assuming kali for sure and maybe other states boxing commisions have different rules,

Hope this helps

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: