Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    g-v

Re:

From what I read, he was a mossad agent, but his claim that he was part of the mission have been doubted by those in the know.

ryan

When did the Germans become a race? 😕

Well, there were only five of them, and he was, I think, the leader, so it doesn’t seem like it would be too hard to verify.

anonymous

The Germans are the race of the superhuman and if you took a close look at me, you could certainly tell why…. 😉 😆

g-v

Re:

Ryan, it’s hard to verify coz *officially* Israel’s neither admitting or denying that this entire assasination business took place in the first place.

lazlo

I enjoyed the movie. The scene at the safe house was silly but forced a good conversation. There was a quote by one of the Mossad agents about killing one terrorist and six more appear. I thought that was lame.
    The terrorists would be there regardless of Israel’s actions as at that time the PLO and its various factions were not in a negotiating mood. They were the Al-Quaida, Hamas, Islamic Jihad, Islamic Brotherhood, and Hezbollah of their time.

fom

A few points

A. There is no way to verify whether the man who says he was the team leader really was involved in it at all. Who you gonna ask?

B. If you want to read an excellent critique of the moral issues brought up – follow this link: http://www.commentary.org/article.asp?aid=12102036_1 It is the other side, but deserves to be read.

C. Regarding regrets – I think the linked piece points out that in the new forward to the book, \”Avner\” clarifies he never had any regrets about killing the terrorists. I’ll put the quote below.

D. The person who was accidentally killed – mistaken identity, was not killed by this team, but rather by another, so his inclusion would have been out of place. For more details, review: http://www.fas.org/irp/eprint/calahan.htm

The movie was OK. Sword of Gideon might have been a better take, and some of the movie’s moral discussions are silly – I’ll save my elaborations.

Quote:

\”What Jonas writes on this score is unambiguous. As of 1984, Avnerís

views on his mission are devoid of second thoughts or regrets. He claims not to have ever had any personal feelings of enmity for the men he killed or helped to kill, but continues to regard their physical elimination as something demanded by necessity and honor. He fully supports the decision that sent him and his partners on their mission, and has absolutely no qualms about anything they did. . . .

[H]is overall patriotism as an Israeli remains undiminished. Contemplating every conflict, past or present, he unequivocally takes Israelís side. As between Israel and her enemies, he stands squarely with his own country.

If that by itself is not enough, we now have Avnerís own word as well, in the foreword to a 2005 reissue of Vengeance:

[I]f I had to do it all over again, I would make the same choice I made when Golda Meir approached me more than 30 years ago. . . . I make no apologies for the mission my team and I carried out in the 1970ísóand, indeed, am proud that I was able to serve my country in this way.\”[/url]

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: