Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge Muscle / Joint Soreness / Inflamation

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    ds314

I’t stil seems that I’m sore quite a bit and do not know exactly what to do about it.

I’m 44 years old. I go to Krav on Mon, Wed and Sat. I do the Bas Rutten All-Around Workout on Tues & Fri. Thurs and Sun are off days. Also I Tues & Fri I go to the local city Rec Center and do 40 pull-up/chin-ups and 60-70 dips and more push-ups. Sometimes I also do the jumps with Knees to the Chest (up to 120 in sets of course). I feel most of my soreness in the back of my shoulders. I think the cause of this pain is from doing pull-ups. I do the full-extension pull-ups. Is doing the full-extension pull-ups at my age bad? Should I do away with doing pull-ups and just concentrate on dips and push-ups. My wife has suggested that I take Motrin three times a day. She said it would eventually help with the inflamation. Anything else out there that I can take or do or avoid and still stay in Krav shape?

Dave

Re: Muscle / Joint Soreness / Inflamation

Aside from doin all of it in bulk you can just focus on doing quality reps, and slow the reps down so you’re getting an equally good workout without the repetitive stress on your joints. Also, sounds like you’re already quite strong so a switch to a maintainance workout with less weight and better reps may be good to go in and out of to keep stress on your muscles and joints down while still keeping your muscle lean and toned

tbbfan76

DS314 I don’t know if you are still having problems or not but if you are it could come from two main reasons.
    1. Your body is not producing enough creatine and glutamine required for the physical activity that you are putting your body through.

2. Recovery. Each time you work whether it is doing the tapes going to the gym or Krav. You are breaking down your muscles. Your workout routine does not allow your body enough time in between workouts to rebuild the muscles.

While working out your body dispenses creatine to your muscles and nerves from the spinal cord to give them energy.

Glutamine aids in recovery after you have broken down the muscle. Any time you have an injury of any type glutamine is the amino acid that your body makes to help aid in recovery. It does by traveling through the blood stream.

ds314

So should I be taking creatine and glutamine or working out less?

Thanks-Dave

tbbfan76

I wouldn’t take creatine as a supplement it mainly just adds water to your muscles so they look bigger. Glutamine is good supplement to use even though it is an amino acid it is a non essential amino so you can not have to much of it.
    You might want to alternate your tue and fri workout. Instead of doing two workouts in one day alternate weeks.
    If changing your work out schedule and taking glutamine still shows no improvement you might have over exhausted the muscles and might have to throttle back to just one work out a week (krav).

You might also want to incorporate a massage therapist every month or every other month

kvmorl

Also increasing intake of vegetables like Broccoli helps as well, at least in my experience. I also take glutamine after Krav days, I work heavy 6-7 days a week.

miriam

One word: CROYGEL.

Google it for purchase from the manufacturer.

And last, watch the regular dosing on Motrin. It can prove to be bad for the liver.

garddawg

A full range of motion is simply doing a rep. If you don’t go down and touch the deck with you chest and push back up to a full lock out of the elbows and adduction of the shoulder then you haven’t done a pull up. Range of motion defines a rep. Ignore the advice to slow down, it’s bull crap. Anyone that follows a slow the rep program can show up at our gym and we will bury them, it simply doesn’t transfer to the real world.

M,W,and F you do Krav, T and F you do the Bas Rutten tape. So you are basically doing the same movement patterns with the Krav and Bas tapes. Much of the work is frontally loaded. It is no wonder you are having problems. The solution isn’t to give up the pull ups, but actually do more work that focus on the posterior chain.

ds314

Thank you Gardawg. What does this mean “but actually do more work that focus on the posterior chain.”

Dave

tbbfan76

I believe he is telling you that you work out is unbalanced. You are only working the front of your body.

stickfig13

overtraining…

Try taking a solid week off.

saruotoko

quote Miriam:

One word: CROYGEL.

Google it for purchase from the manufacturer.

And last, watch the regular dosing on Motrin. It can prove to be bad for the liver.

Miriam’s right…..that stuff helps a great deal. After phase training this last week, I’ve been slathering it on and it helped cut the bruising almost immediately.

Mario

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: