Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge Muscle Recovery

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    shawnruddy

Just curious…..
    What are people doing for muscle recovery after classes?
    What are some good supplements to take if you are lactose intolerant?

garddawg

Re: Muscle Recovery

Best stuff for recovery is fairly inexpensive. Contrast showers, foam rollers and lacrosse balls. Supplements should be just that supplements to a good diet. Most folks swear they have a good diet till I make them write down everything they eat. Most find once they truly eat well that they dont need supplements.

shawnruddy

Totally agree with you on the point of a healthy diet. My problem right now is I am on an extended hiatus from long cold winters in AK in FL spending time with family. So what is stocked in the fridge and prepared on the stove is not up to me that much. I am not allocated much space in fridge or pantry. So I am kind of stuck with supplements for now.

hicklinc

Bcaa’s

hicklinc

im trying scivation xtend

unstpabl1

quote garddawg:

Best stuff for recovery is fairly inexpensive. Contrast showers, foam rollers and lacrosse balls. Supplements should be just that supplements to a good diet. Most folks swear they have a good diet till I make them write down everything they eat. Most find once they truly eat well that they dont need supplements.

I use a golf ball. Where do you get a Lacrosse ball?. I’ve never seen one. Do I have to go back east and steal one from a snobby preppy kid? That actually sounds like fun thumbsup

garddawg

Mike,
    We don’t “steal” from the preppy kids, we just “take” instead, preferably in front of their girlfriends. LOL

You can get them at Sport Authority.

unstpabl1

quote garddawg:

Mike,
    We don’t “steal” from the preppy kids, we just “take” instead, preferably in front of their girlfriends. LOL

You can get them at Sport Authority.

:beer:

I’ll check SA after the holidays. Hate crowds. Curious if it’ll be better than the golfball, which is too small sometimes

A decent sleep of 7-8 hrs – this is when your body goes to work repairing & growing tissue, releasing hormones like HGH – human growth hormone.

Your immune system also ramps up while asleep.

Some feel protein intake eg: shake, milk, protein bar etc shortly (eg1/2 an hr) after a workout helps recovery.

I tend to save dinner, or the bulk of it for after KM training (for obvious reasons) so get some protein intake that way..

HGH is synthesized and secreted from the anterior pituitary gland in a pulsatile manner throughout the day; surges of secretion occur at 3- to 5-hour intervals.[2] The plasma concentration of GH during these peaks may range from 5 to even 45 ng/mL.[18] The largest and most predictable of these GH peaks occurs about an hour after onset of sleep.[19] Otherwise there is wide variation between days and individuals. Nearly fifty percent of HGH secretion occurs during the third and fourth REM sleep stages.[20] Between the peaks, basal GH levels are low, usually less than 5 ng/mL for most of the day and night.[19] Additional analysis of the pulsatile profile of GH described in all cases less than 1 ng/ml for basal levels while maximum peaks were situated around 10-20 ng/mL.[21][22]
    A number of factors are known to affect HGH secretion, such as age, gender, diet, exercise, stress, and other hormones.[2] Young adolescents secrete HGH at the rate of about 700 μg/day, while healthy adults secrete HGH at the rate of about 400 μg/day.[23]

unstpabl1

Kid at the store by my house tried some hgh stuff and did a full cycle. You know the type 19 and knows everything about steroids and hgh. He’s been scared ever since because his balls hurt, as well as his jaw, knees and other joints. He’s been complaining about it for 6 months or more.

So with all this, he turns to me the other day and says he can hook me up with some roids to help me cut the weight I’m struggling with:banghead:

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: