Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics My Fighting Stance: a KRAV VLOG

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    autry2x

Hi Guys,

I just started Krav a few months ago and I decided to track my progress by creating a video blog. It is part Krav progress, part storytelling, and part personal philosophy. This is only one gal’s story! I know all of us have a unique reason for being drawn to Krav Maga. Maybe you and I share similarities in our experience! Take a look and let me know what you think.

http://sharonautry.wordpress.com

S

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Re: My Fighting Stance: a KRAV VLOG

Sharon I really enjoyed that! Thank you so much for sharing your journey with us.

Can’t wait for the next episode so keep us all posted!

S.

autry2x

Thanks so much for checking out my vlog! I am so glad you like it! It is so great to have a place like this to share our Krav experiences! See ya soon!

kevinmack

Hey Sean,
    Just out of curiousity when did KMW adopt such a wide stance? I started noticing instructors doing it in the mid 2ks and it looks a lot like Bas Ruttens stance yet obviously different than what instructors were doing in the 80s and 90s.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

quote KevinMack:

Hey Sean,
    Just out of curiousity when did KMW adopt such a wide stance? I started noticing instructors doing it in the mid 2ks and it looks a lot like Bas Ruttens stance yet obviously different than what instructors were doing in the 80s and 90s.

Hey Kev~

Honestly don’t think they have, at least not officially.

I actually have a pet peeve about it. Poor footwork that is. I regularly spend entire classes doing nothing but footwork drills. Which includes proper stance and defensive posture.

Wide stances might be from the influx of TMA instructors? Regardless it irks me.

PS: CJ’s stance in my avatar is a little too wide but we might be getting ready to do a roundhouse?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: