Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge My ju jitsu matches from the Annual Jean-Jacques Machado In-House Tournament.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    la-revancha

Hey, folks. It’s been a while. Let me know what you think.

Purple belt. Leve.

Match 1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIx2rt1_Tg8

Finals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXHruhVJsPQ

Happy Holidays.

voodoo

Re: My ju jitsu matches from the Annual Jean-Jacques Machado In-House Tournament.

Nice work!

-Voodoo

don

Re: My ju jitsu matches from the Annual Jean-Jacques Machado In-House Tournament.

Great job Christian! Loved that seoi otoshi/drop seoi nage! thumbsup

unstpabl1

Are you doing the Gracie Nationals next month?

la-revancha

Wasn’t thinking about it, but I’ll look into it.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

AWESOMENESS reputation points for youuuuuuu

unstpabl1

quote La Revancha:

Wasn’t thinking about it, but I’ll look into it.

They’re Jan 29/30 at the LA Convention center. Having computer problems or I’d give you a link, but there is a Gracie nationals FB page with cost and weighin info. If I recall it wasn’t expensive

As Sean said Reputation points for putting it up. Most people put up their wins, but I’ve seen you post loses as well. Thats one of the things I respect about you. Wish I could still train w/ you, Sean and the rest of KMSO:(:

Be well

Mike

kvmorl

Very nice, i wanna work on those takedowns after the video…

Good pace, movement, you also cross training in wrestling ?

I want to try a comp soon, no where near a purple yet. Ill go in the novice category.

Talking about BJJ, funny thing with BJJ and Krav, not sure how it is in your gym but in ours for people starting out white/green we do some self defense moves as its required to move up. During the first month, I started last year we did the bear hug defense, I only had practiced it in there maybe 2 times before, it looks somewhat similar to the Krav defense, mind you this is straight out of Krav for 1 1/2yr, they pull me in middle of class with everyone in circle around, they pick the biggest guy to bear hug me at 100%, well I couldn’t pull off the Bjj move, adrenaline was flowing , within seconds without a thought Krav kicked in, he got a head butt, an (almost) groin kick reversed and pulled his left leg from between mine while crouched and was about to twist his leg while he was on his butt.. Immediately in my head i said shi** they going to hate me real quick after this. The instructor immediately said “STOP”” “what the Fkk was that” “I better not do that on the belt test” i said, “i don’t know I just reacted, my bad” i have never told them I did any type of MA before. The guy wouldn’t roll with me for weeks, he was pissed off, had a black eye for a while. I apologized plenty of times, he was still pissed. LOL

After that I almost had to pause for a sec everytime we did a self defense move, RNC, Bear hug, guillotine, hay maker..

I still miss Krav dearly.. wish someone would setup a decent, dedicated Krav shop here in central FL soon.

kmky

good job

clfmak

Cool stuff.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: