Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics My Own Concerns of Overtraining

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ncsam160

I saw talk of overtraining in another thread, and instead of hijacking that thread, I decided I would make my own.

Currently I do weight lifting workouts on T-Th-Sat with Krav on Tuesday and Thursday for 2 hours. When time allowed, I would attend a BJJ class and a Muay Thai class on Mondays, which also has a striking/conditioning class at the beginning.

I also passed my level 1 test, so that means my Krav on T-Th will go from 2 to 3 hours. I also want to do more cardio, and more BJJ and Muay Thai.

My week would look like the following.

Monday
    Morning-Run for 3 miles, build up as my cardio gets better.
    Evening-Striking/Conditioning (45 mins), BJJ (1 hour), Muay Thai (1 hour) so roughly ~2.75 hours.

Tuesday
    Morning-Back/Shoulder workouts
    Evening-3 hour Krav Maga (intro, level 1, level 2)

Wednesday
    Same as Monday

Thursday
    Morning-Chest/Leg workouts
    Evening-Same as Tuesday

Friday
    Heavy conditioning day, something along the lines of HIIT (or if Ryan Hoover starts up his SAQ classes again)

Weekend
    Rest

Sorry for the long post, I just figured it would be better to spell it out. I went from a 3 day weight lifting split to a 2, and stepped up cardio. I also gave myself the weekend off to allow for recovery time. What do you guys think?

Re: My Own Concerns of Overtraining

This is a fairly intense schedule, but I wouldn’t call it unreasonable… Everyone’s body is different and responds to levels of stress differently, so one person’s overtraining may be another person’s warm-up. If you start to notice that you never seem to recover your energy in between workouts… especially over the weekend, or you start to get little nagging injuries, that is your body’s way of saying you are doing too much and it’s time to scale back.

stevetuna

Man, all I can say is that youth is a beautiful thing. Appreciate it!

This wisdom comes from a Wicked Old Dude!

ncsam160

Thanks to you both!

This is the first week I’m doing it. I’ll slowly work into the running to give my body some adjustment, but I’m hoping to be at the full schedule here shortly.

peterako

quote NCSam160:

Monday
    Morning-Run for 3 miles, build up as my cardio gets better.
    Evening-Striking/Conditioning (45 mins), BJJ (1 hour), Muay Thai (1 hour) so roughly ~2.75 hours.

Tuesday
    Morning-Back/Shoulder workouts
    Evening-3 hour Krav Maga (intro, level 1, level 2)

Wednesday
    Same as Monday

Thursday
    Morning-Chest/Leg workouts
    Evening-Same as Tuesday

Friday
    Heavy conditioning day, something along the lines of HIIT (or if Ryan Hoover starts up his SAQ classes again)

Weekend
    Rest

Sounds like fun. :):

ds314

Your body will tell you if you are overtraining. If you are not recovering then you probably overtraining. If you are in your 20’s you should definitely be good to go. 40’s I don’t know. I’ll be 45 in two weeks. Last night’s workout. Here is my last days of physical activty.

Last Night
    Run – 2 miles
    Jumping Squats with 10lb Medicine Ball – 100
    Push-ups – 100
    Laying on my back 25 Ft Medicine Ball Throws (10lbs) against a wall – 30 throws
    Pull-ups – 10
    Dead Lefts – 2 Sets of 10
    Shadow Box – Dumbells – 10 lbs – 1 minute

Monday
    Run – 2 miles
    Streching
    Krav 1 hour

Sunday
    Run – 3 miles
    Jumping Squats with 10lb Medicine Ball – 50
    Push-ups – 100
    Dips – Body Weight – 30
    Bas Jumps Knees to Chest – 30
    Medicine (10lb) Jumps Holding Ball with Feet Throwing it against the wall – 8 minutes

Dave

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: