Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics My son gets a surprise

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    parishd

In a mental lapse of unprecedented proportions, my son raised his hand to say he was confident he could now evade a knife slash after we had been practicing it for ~10 mins; the only one in the class to do so. So, the instructor asked him to step into the middle of the floor, pulled out a knife, which, right before slashing at my son, flashed brightly and went BZZZTTTT! ! You should have see his pupils dilate; he looked like an anime character!

He did manage to avoid being slashed, but afterwards said that it was clear that the instructor was holding back and that he’d need a lot more practice before he was really able to evade such an onslaught. Good lesson for the day.

mara-jade

Re: My son gets a surprise

Man, I keep hearing more and more about these knives – I wanna tryrofl2

michaelmall

Either your instructor is darth vader or it was one of those shock knifes??Hay don’t you know that kids today are indestructable(at least they think).Glad a lesson was learned in a safe enviorment and not on the streets.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Shock knives are good 🙂

unstpabl1

quote CJs Dad:

Shock knives are good 🙂

You are a sick puppybow1

parishd

I had read about the shock knives here, but my son had never heard of them. Needless to say, he had enough of his wits about him to know that whatever it was, he didn’t want it to touch him!

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

quote parishd:

I had read about the shock knives here, but my son had never heard of them. Needless to say, he had enough of his wits about him to know that whatever it was, he didn’t want it to touch him!

LOL.. Good for him 😉

kirsten

I love tools that encourage self-correction through negative feedback, as long as it’s not permanent damage.

Yeah, sick and wrong… but it’s so much fun!

russell

quote CJs Dad:

Shock knives are good 🙂

i am soooo glad i don’t have to train with you!

sean i think you might need help, i would try therapy if i were you!!rofl2

unstpabl1

quote russell:

i am soooo glad i don’t have to train with you!

Yeah but its his illness that makes him worth training with. thumbsup CJ’s Dad is a really good instructor because he’s really aware of the room. Its Stafford I’m not so sure about. The USMC got to him before krav did. He makes you train against the shocknife while standing in water. Least thats the scuttlebuttrofl2

dkatman

quote russell:

Actually, if you were Sean, you wouldn’t see a need for therapy. You would just like Shock Knives.

I got in trouble in our class. They pulled out the shock knives and I must have been scared and intrigued. So of course, I asked if they would zap me so i would know what we were playing with (We all handle fear in different ways). Well, they zapped me. It did about nothing. It was like a dying 9 volt on my tongue. I don’t even recall a small shock. But I was blamed for breaking the thing. We couldn’t train with it. Maybe next time.

I have always been interested in these things. When I first met my ex-wife, she had a stun gun. I had asked her if she would shock me. She laughed and thought I was kidding. I just know they aren’t lethal. I wondered what it would feel like. I mean, I was going to use the restroom first, just to be sure. She never did. I wonder if she would be interested in that chance again, now that she is my ex.

OK. With this group, I am sure I will get many offers to shock me. I only want to feel what it does. So after the first one, it won’t be a cshock him party. And don’t just shock me. Let me use the bathroom first. I don’t want to be completely embarrassed.

Dave

nate

quote DKatman:

Actually, if you were Sean, you wouldn’t see a need for therapy. You would just like Shock Knives.

Or more accurately, shock knives are his therapy…

quote :

I got in trouble in our class. They pulled out the shock knives and I must have been scared and intrigued. So of course, I asked if they would zap me so i would know what we were playing with (We all handle fear in different ways). Well, they zapped me. It did about nothing. It was like a dying 9 volt on my tongue. I don’t even recall a small shock. But I was blamed for breaking the thing. We couldn’t train with it. Maybe next time.

LOL I like that you volunteered to get shocked. I woulda just waited until I screwed up my technique to find out how much it sucked.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: