Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Welcome Forums Namaste…… Just Kidding

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mixfat

G’day all.
    Just dropping in to say hello from Sydney.
    I started my Krav journey a little over 4 months ago after doing 7 years of Kung Fu.
    I can’t tell you all how much my mindset has changed since making the switch (albeit with some years in between)
    My wife has all but banned me from mentioning Krav at home and is threatening to set up a Krav jar.
    To combat this i got her involved in it too thumbsup

Anyways, hi and i look forward to many good discussions in the forum.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Re: Namaste…… Just Kidding

Great title/post, gave me a good LOL

Welcome

I’m deaf and new to Krav Maga…is it fun?

mixfat

quote LushMeetsGlam:

I’m deaf and new to Krav Maga…is it fun?

I’ve never done anything more fun to be honest.
    I did 7 years of Kung Fu and stood by it viciously when asked about the quality of training and self defence effectiveness….. that was until i started Krav.

I must admit though i have been to 2 or 3 different places around here and not all classes/instructors are the same.

I discounted the first 2 and have never looked back. I now have a wife that does it also and 2 kids.

Start your journey and Enjoy!!! :woohoo:

sch-thurston

Hi LushMG, You have a good place near you, part of David Kahn’s Israeli Krav Maga group: israelikrav.com. The lead instructor at Cherry Hill is Don Melnick I see on the website. I once shared an airport shuttle with David, Don and a few of his instructors, they were (as expected) a positive and engaging group. No egos detected (as expected). You could do worse than go knock on Don’s door. Being deaf will need some accommodation in classes but it’s *far* from a show-stopper. (As you will quickly learn, “Find a solution.”) Your (visual) scan will likely be an order of magnitude better than most beginners so you might find you actually start with an advantage 😉

Anyway, yeah, it’s fun. And uber useful. Not just the self defense aspects but the philosophy. Do it! You know ya wanna!!!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: