Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    don

Hey Y’all,

Is there currently a name for the “waist tether pull attack the tombstone pad” drill? After playing around with it tonight with some coworkers and remembering how rabid CJ’s Dad looked bow1 ;): while demoing it for our instructor’s class, I’d like to submit “Human K9” …

:D:

pappy

Re: name for a KM drill?

I think the drill you describe is the infamous “Sled Dog.”

magamike

I actually kind of like that drill, BUT…some people don’t know how to do the tether correctly. I learned the hard way that if someone is intent on holding you off the pad relentlessly, then stop swinging and lunge forward until you get back to the pad. I injured myself by hyper extending my arms trying to hit the pad when the guy holding the tether was putting too much tension on me all the time.

I like it when the pad is thrown down and you jump on it and control it while doing a ground-and-pound thing while the person with the tether pulls you all over the floor. That’s a hoot. Exhausting, but fun.

I think we should start calling it “You’re lucky this guy’s holding me back”

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Ive always called it sled dog although during our Force Instructors course I demo’d wearing tac boots so it was more like having snow shoes on. LOL

Its funny how many people have since commented on me doing the drill that day, wish we caught it on video, it would be a good laugh seeing how I looked “rabid”

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: