Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Locations Need a training buddy in Bellingham, WA

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    chriseggy

Hey guys!
    My name’s Chris, I’m an experienced martial artist (Muay Thai and BJJ) but I’m new to Krav Maga, and since there’s no gym around here, I’m trying to learn it out of a book! But I need a training buddy, anybody live in Bellingham, WA?

mara-jade

Re: Need a training buddy in Bellingham, WA

Welcome to the forum!

I highly recommend the KM DVD’s – very helpful. Bummer about no locations in your city, though I did see some in your state in general

https://kravmaga.com/washington.asp

If at all possible, at some point maybe consider checking one of the other schools to get a lesson or two, just so you can see how your progress is. The DVDs and books are great, but it doesn’t replace being in class and getting your techniques tweakedthumbsup

Best wishes on your training:wav:

chriseggy

I know, sad thing is, I just moved away from the Bellevue area…. Haha, I had no idea there was a Krav Maga gym there! The DVDs are good eh? The book I got is really good too, just need someone to train with so I can develop the muscle memory. I do like the idea of checking out the gym to see how I’m progressing.
    What’s interesting is that reading about Krav Maga has already improved my Muay Thai, I used to be really unaggressive and just focus on technique. Now I’ve realized how much of a difference a little agression can make.
    It would be totally cool if somebody up here knew some **** and could teach me though!

pnwjaeger

Hello Chris,

Did you ever find anyone?

See my newbie post in the “Intro yourself” section for more about me & my situation, posted today (I’m in B’ham too).

Later!
    :: T ::

(Terry H.)

quote chriseggy:

Hey guys!
    My name’s Chris, I’m an experienced martial artist (Muay Thai and BJJ) but I’m new to Krav Maga, and since there’s no gym around here, I’m trying to learn it out of a book! But I need a training buddy, anybody live in Bellingham, WA?
    dlux

i live in bellingham and would love someone to train with. I have not been able to train for almost a year since my acl injury.

Dahvid

tmatz

Hi there. I am also in the Bellingham area but I have no martial arts background whatsoever. But I would like to begin learning more about KM and I was wondering if anyone around might have anything to offer?

pnwjaeger

Hello!

While right now I’m still recovering from a torn right calf, there seem’s to be at least 4 of us locally who are interested in Krav Maga.
    Perhaps in the next couple of months we could get something started?

Keep in touch.

:: T ::
    (Terry H.)

quote tmatz:

Hi there. I am also in the Bellingham area but I have no martial arts background whatsoever. But I would like to begin learning more about KM and I was wondering if anyone around might have anything to offer?
    dlux

I trained during my military service in israel but have not trained in over a year. Right now im in New york With some old friends of mine and have hit up a local krav gym here. Cant wait to get back to bellingham, Im looking for serious people not uber macho and uber stupid but chazak etc to train with.

Dahvid
    [email protected]

vtdave81

Well, I’m currently in the Navy at Whidbey Island, and actually live in the BFE called Oak Harbor. Bellingham is an hour away, and Seattle 1.5 hours… way to far to drive. The base gym offers martial arts programs, but a very limited selection. I was hoping/wondering if anyone on the island is interested in KM and knew of any potential start-up classes around here… or if someone legit is willing to teach it.

pnwjaeger

I haven’t been keeping up with the web forum in a while.
    I’m wondering, did anything ever get started in Bellingham?

hicklinc

Woodinville, WA is the closest under kmww

tamtam1991

Hi everyone,

I’m Tamir and I’m an Israeli student at WWU in Bellingham, WA. Don’t have any formal training in Krav Maga but VERY interested in learning. This thread is a few years old so I don’t know if there is anyone around who is still interested. If there is, please let me know so we can train together!

[email protected]

Email if you want to get together.

Cheers,

Tamir

wordz-5th

Hi,
    i live in Oak Harbor. I’ve been studying from a book off and on for about a month. I would really love to find a partner nearby, Bellingham is close enough. I hope to get a group together. It would be fun.

pnwjaeger

Hello,

I haven’t been able to keep up with the forum since I last posted (03/2011). I’ve since returned to school full-time studying criminal justice & heading up the criminal justice club @ WCC, and haven’t had much time for training etc, but *if* there are any interested parties in Bellingham then I’d like to get something going.

Thanks.

iminuedouri
    Blocked
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: