Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums KM Techniques & Krav Maga Books Need training advice (equipment and such)

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    blindfold

I have found that resistance bands work well with building punch and kick strength. My son takes TKD and he uses them for his kicks and punches. I tell him not to overdue it.

raneman

Re: Need training advice (equipment and such)

I am relatively new myself and I am sort of in the same position. I am working on my gear and a bag at home, etc. but what has helped me TREMENDOUSLY is going to my local gym and I go in the aerobics room and shadowbox in front of the mirror using myself as the target. I also shadowbox in my mirror at home when I brush my teeth and get ready for work(basically if I am in front of a mirror I practice something). Lately I have been teaching my g/f to punch to she can at least throw punches at me to work on my inside defense(and it is fun to do together).

I would suggest shadowboxing and just practicing technique that way. It has helped me A LOT so far. Repetition has helped more than having the bag for me atm because I can focus on my movements without trying or subconsciously using power to make me go out of technique.

Pete

Re:

quote Giant Killer:

Perfect! A tree it is! 😀

I thought it was supposed to be a big bamboo chute… That way it will grow back really fast if you break it.

giant-killer

Well, how about a thirty foot oak tree or something? Try breaking that! 😉

craig-p

I have this http://www.karatesupply.com/Heavy-Bag-Stand-and-Speed-Bag-Platform_p_9-1528.html in my living room. It is the perfect accompaniment to any well put togethor living room. Just dont use the speed bag attachment and place it in the corner.

Be prepared though, if your married, your spouse will probably kill you! Heavy bag, wife – Heavy bag, wife – Wife, heavy bag… And the heavy bag in the living room wins! thumbsup well atleast something good came from the divorce.

I would recommend a 6 ft MT type bag over the shorter style.

blindfold

No need to go so far as an Oka tree. A good 4″ thick board will do. Oka doesn’t like to break and it’s heavy .

If you want to get really exotic try some Bubinga. It’s from Africa and hard. It has a red tint so you won’t notice the blood so quickly.

vwr32

I almost bought that, but didn’t like how close the stand is to the bag when considering it for kicks. Not to mention the legs would limit movement around the bag. Looks great for punching, would love to know if u use it for kicks and how that works for u.

I ended up putting a 6′ thai bag on a Cornerman… but it didn’t end up in the livingroom :angry:
    Here’s the cornerman:
    http://www.karatesupply.com/Cornerman-Punching-Bag-Stand_p_9-803.html

craig-p

I would much prefer the cornerman but dont have the space for it. Ya, I am limited in my movement but get enough to make it worhwile. It’s fine for kicking too, but I have to be carefull, I can almost knock the whole thing over. I prefer not to put weights on the legs for my own safety, I dont wanna trip on them or the pegs.

I do some Bas workouts at home with it, but mostly train at the center.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: