Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Welcome Forums New Guy From Little Rock

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ron-b-d14

Hi Everyone!

I just signed up for lessons today at a Krav Maga school in Little Rock, Arkansas. I’m 42 years old and have gotten pretty out of shape over the years. I have to admit that I was a little bit intimidated about signing up for classes, but after reading through this forum, you guys gave me the courage to step out of my comfort zone and give it a try.

My main goal is to lose weight and get in better shape, and I figure if I can get a little tougher in the process, that will just be icing on the cake.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself, and to say thanks to everyone for all of their posts on this forum. Being able to look through this forum helped me to learn what Krav Maga is all about, and gave me the courage to step up and give this a try.

Thanks,
    Ron

jesse

Re: New Guy From Little Rock

Welcome. Read through and find some of the threads of reccomendations for your first time. Specifically bring some bottled water and make sure you eat beforehand so you have some fuel…but at least an hour or more before the class. My strategy for my first few weeks was very simple…”Put one foot in front of the other.” Just don’t give up. All you have to do is just one more exercise…and one more…. Good luck to you. We’ll be rooting for ya.

mara-jade

Welcome Ron!

Yeah, like Jesse said – this ain’t a race man. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had to start over on my endurance due to injuries, illness,etc. Accept you’re gonna be pooped and probably feel winded in the beginning and you’ll feel better about class. Don’t worry about where everyone else is.

On what to bring, definitely liquid and don’t forget a towel too. Welcome to the club:wav:

ron-b-d14

Thanks Jesse and Mara Jade. I appreciate the advice!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: