Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    prekarious1

Hello all, I’m a US Marine stationed in Pensacola Fl. Seriously interested in KM but noticed on the location selection that the closest school to me is in Alabama, about 130 miles away. In honest personal opinions is this style worth that long of a trip and about how many times per week would I expect to be making this trip?

For my personal Martial background I have 6 yrs of Muay Thai and am about to go through the MCMAP (Marine Corps Martial Arts Program) instructor course in a couple of months but feel that I could always learn something more.

dv8njoe

Right on Devil Dog. But I’d recommend getting the dvds and training with a friend or something. It would be alot easier on you and your car.

prekarious1

Personally never really felt that training from videos was all that effective but I do realize that with my location it may be my only option for now. Thanks for the input

I agree with you about learning from video’s.
    Maybe it’s a good idea to check for seminars etc. or take a class every now and then to get real instruction.

cnetzler

Re: New guy here

I am about to be stationed in Pensacola, starting in Feb. I used to train at the National Training Center back in college, and am very interested in training again. A training center just opened in New Orleans, which is still too many hours of driving for me to visit more than once a month, but I am looking into meeting up with a few people who are interested, and training together for a few hours a week. Then we could maybe car pool to NO once or twice a month. What do you think?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: