Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Welcome Forums New guy in San Antonio

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    tvayumat

Hey folks!

I’m a five year Army vet who got out two years ago, and over the course of two years, I have allowed the injuries I sustained in service to become a personal excuse to let myself become flabby and soft.

For the duration of my enlistment, as well as several years before hand, I did BJJ and submission grappling, looking for something new!

I recently discovered Krav, and it looks like a good way to get me back into the gym and get fit again. I put in a request for a “free introductory session” yesterday, and I am looking forward to getting started at the Krav Maga Worldwide center here in town.

I’m in terrible shape right now, so I’ve started myself on an every day cardio schedule, and I think Krav will be a great addition. Any tips for a new student?

hicklinc

Re: New guy in San Antonio

get started as soon as you can you have an amazing center there i wish i lived there just give it all you got you will get better and stronger every class i would also suggest taking any extra classes like fitness or kettle ball

mara-jade

Welcome to the forum,

So, you’re gonna try Pete’s Place? Are you in for some..um..fun:D:. Don’t panic over not being in shape. If you decide to stick with Pete’s, between Krav and the fitness classes, you’ll get better..seriously.

Have fun in the intro class and if you’ve got a groin protector, BRING IT.

tvayumat

quote mara_jade:

Welcome to the forum,

So, you’re gonna try Pete’s Place? Are you in for some..um..fun:D:. Don’t panic over not being in shape. If you decide to stick with Pete’s, between Krav and the fitness classes, you’ll get better..seriously.

Have fun in the intro class and if you’ve got a groin protector, BRING IT.

Well, I figure I’ve got nowhere to go but up, and waiting until some arbitrary point of fitness is just an excuse to put off starting, I recognize that.

Hey, nothing quite like hearing that I will be probably smashed in the groin to get me excited about starting!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: