Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Welcome Forums New guy @ the forum

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    five04zog

Hi all,

I’m new to the forum and Krav Maga (KM). I’ve been interested in KM for about 6 mo. But just haven’t gotten around to finding a school. I’m currently a BJJ student but I currently have a knee injury (sugary next week), so I’ve not trained for about a month.

I’ve taken advantage of this down time and am investigating Krav Maga. I’m also looking at schools in my area. I still plan to cross-train in BJJ about 1-2 times a week and KM about 1-2 times a week. This will likely change from week to week due to my chaotic work schedule.

A little about me: I’ve been in law enforcement for about 17 years. I’m a field going LEO, FTO and Defensive tactics instructor for my agency. I’ve been training martial arts (on/off) since I was in middle school. I’ve studied Kajukenbo, Aikido, Hapkido (1st Dan) and I’ve been training BJJ for the last two years. I’ve just now started looking at Krav Maga and plan to jump in with both feet. It looks like a great system.

Thanks…

maddogmean

Re: New guy @ the forum

Welcome to the forum. Find yourself a good school and try it out when you’re well enough to do it. Although your previous MA experience isn’t required to be a good KM student, it can help with discipline, commitment, hard work etc. Your BJJ experience will translate into some KM techniques with some modifications. Every part of the system is about how well it will work in the street, so you’ll see some differences. Also, make sure your KM school is licensed. This way, you’ll know that you’re getting the right instruction.

five04zog

Thanks… I think i’m going to start with Krav Maga of Oregon. It is a KMWW affiliated school. Both Instructors are great and come with years of experience.

maddogmean

Looking at your post in the other thread…looks like some really great foundations and practical self defense in your background. Looks like KM is going to be a great addition to your arsenal.

five04zog

I think Krav Maga (KM) is going to be my missing link. It will bring my training together. I like to say I’m just a regular Joe and not some super athlete. KM is just so simplistic.

fitness

hello I am a new guy here so without any hesitated i say everyone Hey My name is Fitness Joining this page today i expect a good experience attach here maybe.Thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: