Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Welcome Forums New here, hey everyone!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    bjelder

Hey everybody. I’m 20 years old and interested in starting Krav Maga. I emailed a guy thats a few minutes away from me who gives commando krav maga lessons.

Would it be a wise idea to jump right into CKM with no martial arts background? Should I get some training in other martial arts before getting into commando?

Thanks everyone!

devilnuts

Re: New here, hey everyone!

Hi, I’m new to this message board as well. I have been told by my instructors that CKM is somewhat undesirable compared to regular Krav Maga but I don’t really know anything about the system.

However, with no martial arts background my personal opinion is that it would be better than nothing. And don’t worry about not having previous experience, Krav is very good at turning beginners into ninja assassins in no time 🙂

Hopefully someone will be more help than I am currently able to be about the CKM issue.

mara-jade

Re: New here, hey everyone!

Welcome to the forum!

As far as Krav Maga goes, martial arts is a nice supplement but not required. You should be aware there are opinions relating to CKM. You may wanna check this thread:

http://kmforum.kravmaga.com/showthread.php?t=2838&highlight=commando

Whatever you decide, best wishes on your training:wav:

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: