Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Locations New Jersey or Philadelphia locations

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    boucheed

In December I will be moving to NJ. I have looked at the locations tab an can only find 1 location listed in PA and 3 in NJ. Does any one know of others that are available.

Thanks

Re: New Jersey or Philadelphia locations

Hi there,

Unfortunately, at this time we do not have any other locations in the PA/NJ area. However, you might want to look into this site: https://kravmaga.com/store/tek9.asp?pg=products&grp=30.

There is also new instructional Book COMPLETE KRAV MAGA that has just been published. It is written by Darren Levine (Chief Krav Maga Worldwide instructor) and John Whitman (4th Degree Black Belt). You can find the book on our website, http://www.kravmaga.com , in the ProShop under the book category.

We are always open to school owners and Krav Maga enthusiasts who are interested in becoming licensees and teaching Krav Maga. If you know of anyone in the area, please do not hesitate to contact the KM National Training Center at (310) 477-9977

-Candice

skibum

:):There is KMWW school (the one I go to) at the ATA center – In East Brunswick, right off Cranbury Rd – Lexington Downs Center). There is one in South Jersey close to Philadelphia, but it is IKMF (Israeli Krav Maga Federation). I am not sure what the difference is, but one of the guys in our outfit checked them out and said they were a bit too formal to his taste. You can vist them if you are closer (127 Route 206, Unit 9, Hamilton, NJ ). There are two more KMWW outfits near Princeton somewhere – I think they are run by the same owner, just two locations. Best of luck.

kevin-mack

the school in Hamilton is an IKMA school…not IKMF. In fact it is the American HQ of the IKMA. I have no idea what you mean by formal. It could be MORE formal in my opinion.

kevin-mack

the only thing he could mean by formal is the concentration on proper technique which is what I see that seperates the Hamilton school from others.I would much rather see “formal” proper technique than sloppy enthusiasm.

Also….if you are not near Hamilton(which would be a great place to train if you can make it) I am forming classes in the Horsham, PA area as well as the Atlantic City, NJ area.

Ernie Kirk also teaches in Glenn MIlls and Kennet Square,PA.

The only reason I am mentoning these options on this site is cause their is no KMWW school in the area to take away business from so I see no problem mentioning these options.

skibum

Kevin, I don’t know what he meant either. I exchnaged a few e-mails with David Kahn, and spoke with him on the phone – he seemed very courteous, soft-spoken guy – downright pleasant to deal with. As far as formality in technique – here I agree with you, although since Krav is not a traditional MA, but countinuously evolving one – it can’t be too rigid to innovation. In general I think it is all good – that’s why I recommended boucheed to check them all out. All respect.

kevin-mack

“not a traditional MA, but countinuously evolving one – it can’t be too rigid to innovation”

no..but the ability to inovate doesnt lie in the hands of anyone who walks in off the street or by instructors with limited exposure to the system. It is to be done high level black belts and by people who have a firm understanding of the system and its principles….ie: black belts and instructors who have taught for decades which is what the Hamilton school has and its tight connection to the IKMA HQ allows poper innovations to be implemented in the system.
    Innovation does not mean that a TKD instructor with some training in KM can go ahead and just start adding things to the system and call it Krav Maga.

skibum

That’s true, I agree.

ohskigod

boucheed, where in Jersey are you going? it’s a small state but wide are when your driving somewhere. There is a couple Krav Maga Federation locations in North Jersey (didnt see North Jersey mentioned, so I figured I’d mention it)
    of course, Krav Maga Federation should not be confused with the International Krav Maga Federation…….confused? me too, it’s ok.

**********EDIT********** you said Philly area, i’m an idiot…..LOL

boucheed

I will be in south Jersey near philadelphia.

markb-d6

quote Kevin Mack:

the only thing he could mean by formal is the concentration on proper technique which is what I see that seperates the Hamilton school from others.I would much rather see “formal” proper technique than sloppy enthusiasm.

Also….if you are not near Hamilton(which would be a great place to train if you can make it) I am forming classes in the Horsham, PA area as well as the Atlantic City, NJ area.

Ernie Kirk also teaches in Glenn MIlls and Kennet Square,PA.

The only reason I am mentoning these options on this site is cause their is no KMWW school in the area to take away business from so I see no problem mentioning these options.

Not to revive a dead thread, but was any progress ever made with any with Horsham, PA area Krav?

kvigsbo

Check out http://www.b2kravmaga.com – they are in Collegeville – 20 minutes from Horsham.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: