Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge New Karate Kid movie staring Jaden Smith?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Just wondering what everyone thinks about the prospect of a new Karate Kid movie that is supposed to be a continuation of the series. They won’t have any of the original actors and it will supposedly take place in China which doesn’t make much sense since Karate originated in Okinawa(Japan). There is a pretty good chance Will Smith will take a role in the film since his son is playing the star role. The only thing that this film has going for it is that it will be produced by Jerry Weintraub the same guy who produced the original Karate Kid movies.

I think the only good movies in the series were Karate Kid 1&2 and after that the story/theme started to get a bit overdone and silly. I personally think the series should just be left alone but I guess there are always people in Hollywood with $$ in their eyes so sequels and remakes are always inevitable.

kmcat

Re: New Karate Kid movie staring Jaden Smith?

Sweep the Leg Johnny!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFlQNtL8F9s

coda-vex

Not sure why they couldn’t use Ralf Machio; I’m sure by now he looks like he’s all of 30 y/o. One of those guys that never seems to age.

quote KMCat:

Very bizarre music video. :OhMy: Are those guys that acted in the video the original actors from the Karate Kid?

kmcat

quote Nicolas Jordan:

Very bizarre music video. :OhMy: Are those guys that acted in the video the original actors from the Karate Kid?

Yes, those are all the originals. The K-Kid himself appears at the end.

I think that is the one true sequel to the movie.

The music group “No More Kings” is great. I got the album that has that song and I liked every song on it….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: