Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics New Prospect in Chino Hills, CA

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    just-jellin

Hey everyone. I am a new prospect looking to get into Krav and I was wondering if anyone was familiar with Michael Johnson, he happens to be the KM instructor at a studio (UMAC) in my area. His studio is listed on the KM site, which I understand is a big plus, and I was hoping that someone might have a bit more info on Michael Johnson and/or his studio. Thanks in advance.

mara-jade

Re: New Prospect in Chino Hills, CA

Welcome Jellin!

Sorry can’t help on your question but just wanted to welcome you to the forum! Hopefully someone will chime in soon:wav:

just-jellin

Hi back at ya. Thanks for the welcome Mara_Jade.

unstpabl1

quote Just Jellin:

Hey everyone. I am a new prospect looking to get into Krav .

To prospect you have to guard the parking lot, be available to any members beackoned call, do anything thay say,carry the crap that have legal consequences and then get jumped in and beaten by everyone….oh oh…wrong forum:OhMy: Sorry. I’m so embarassed.

I love that word ..Embarassed. You can see how that word was created….Imbareassed……I’m bare assed:dunno:

Anyway forget what I said about some of the stuff about prospecting to get into krav. I don’t think you have to guard the parking lot. Everything else is accurate. Good luck

I’d welcome you to the forum, but I’m not allowed

Unstpabl1… I’m getting suspicious. First all the 1%er references, now the mistaken 1%er prospect rules. I’ve got my eye on you. 😎

unstpabl1

quote downforlife76:

Unstpabl1… I’m getting suspicious. First all the 1%er references, now the mistaken 1%er prospect rules. I’ve got my eye on you. 😎

OPSEC, says not to mix up forums. Not to worry though. I’m a loner not a joiner. i guess more the serial killer profile than the gang thing:Deadhorse:

Just kiddingrofl2I’m the nice guy

Spend a lot of time of late with bikers and bangers. Work related. Don’t socialize, don’t want to get caught up on their ****.

hey, did you ever get up to train in the park in N.Hwd?

cw4-ret-h

Jellin:

I started training at Mike’s Chino Hills school in 2000 and passed both the Level 1 and 2 tests. I was attending Level 3 classes before I took a break due to some non-Krav related injuries and my work schedule. However, I trained there very consistently for three+ years. Coincidentally, I went back last December and signed up and then cracked some ribs in a climbing accident so am still on hiatus. Like I said earlier, I attended regular classes and also took four or five private one-hour lessons with Mike. I can say, without a doubt, that he offers excellent training. His knowledge and teaching style are outstanding; and, he’s also a friendly guy with a great personality. I don’t think you would regret at all training at his studio. Definitely sign up!! His twin brother Mark also operates the Krav school in Palm Desert.

By way of background, I am a 2d degree BB in Tae Kwon Do (pre-Krav) and spent 24 years on active duty with the Army (also as a certified Army instructor spending 3 years teaching at an Army school — so I’ve seen lost of instructors and methods of instruction).

just-jellin

Thanks for the info CW4, exactly what I was looking for. Bad luck about those injuries; it sounds like you’re a pretty active guy. Also, thanks for the 24 years of service. Wow, 24 years, amazing; I did 6 in the Marine Corps, only about a fourth of that, good for you.

kravmom

I have trained at Chino Hills for over 6 years. Sensei Johnson is a great guy. We work hard, but he has a very easy-going personality. The students are mutually encouraging and supportive of one another – an atmosphere fostered by Sensei’s example. I highly recommend the school.

mara-jade

Hi KravMom,

Just wanted to welcome you to the forum:wav:

technician79

Sorry to bring back an old thread. When I was living in Corona, CA (like 6 years ago), I checked out this school which at the time was a Red Dragon Karate school. Didn’t know that Mr. Johnson teaches Krav Maga now. Thats cool though. Does anyone know if he’s a black belt in Krav Maga?

mmottster

I trained there for a short while. The space is small and crowded. The instructor is laid back, maybe too laid back. I didn’t care for his style, safety didn’t seem to be addressed very often. I’m probably a minority

kravmom

quote technician79:

Didn’t know that Mr. Johnson teaches Krav Maga now. Thats cool though. Does anyone know if he’s a black belt in Krav Maga?

Mike Johnson has a black belt in Krav Maga from the National Training Center in Santa Monica.

technician79

Thanks for the info everyone. I’ll probably go check out his school in the near future to see how his classes are conducted. Him being laid back is sort of a turn off since I am a laid back (lazy) person, so I need the motivation or else I won’t do much. haha. Anyways, I just checked out Xtreme-Fit in Temecula, seems pretty good but the classes had both adults and kids. I have nothing against training with kids, its just that there was a little too much joking around in class. Is it common with most KMWW schools to have kids and adults training together?

silas

Our school has a age 14 requirment and as far as i’ve seen we only have 2 young people and they both take it serious.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: