Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Welcome Forums New to Krav Maga

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    sawma

Hey guys 🙂 I was introduced to krav maga about 5 years ago, but I live in lebanon so it’s illegal to train krav maga in here so I trained in mma. I have a good knowledge in all forms of fighting due to my mma background and i just got some dvds about krav maga and I am thinking of trying to teach it to myself and some friends of mine. the thing about krav maga is it’s realistic and instinctive without the flashy moves of aikido, jujitsu and other so called self defense forms which honestly are bull**** especially aikido. I trained in japanese jujitsu for a year or so, but it ain’t as realistic as krav maga so I imagine I would do good in this art. What do you think is it possible to learn without a professional instroctor? thank u guys!!

mara-jade

Re: New to Krav Maga

Welcome to the forum,

Its possible but depending on what DVDs you have, its possible you may not get the foundation skills you need. They’re helpful but don’t replace having a real instructor (or knowledgeable training partner) to help you tweak your technique and not learn any bad habits.

There are folks who just go to seminars periodically, even if just a few times a year. Just something to consider
    https://kravmaga.com/locations/licensees-affiliates/licenseesaffiliates-worldwide-all-locations-list/

Just my 2 cents:wav:

revobuzz

Re: New to Krav Maga

I think you’ll be fine. You can’t get an instructor so next best thing is books/dvd.

The good thing about Krav is you don’t have to do stuff exactly the same way your instructor does. You have to do it the most effective way for you if you ever need to use it for real.

Find what works for you best.

If you’ve got a little group together, and you’ve got some MA/MMA knowledge, you can study some techniques or concepts for books/dvd, and then work on them, test them, find out what works well and what doesn’t.

I think you’ll get on just fine.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: