Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Does anyone know how come there’s no KMW licensee in Manhattan or the outer boroughs? I’m in LA but it’s my hometown (dad in Manhattan, mom in The Bronx) and haven’t been back since I started training approx. 6 months ago. Will be there a lot in the next few months (holidays, a work thing, sister having baby) and while there am thinking of trying KMF on 25th St. or IKMF which has Upper West Side/Midtown/Tribeca classes. Both of those are convenient to my subway lines. Obviously I’d start with Level 1 at either of those places, even though I’m KMW Level 2. (For the record, I still take Level 1 classes at least once a week and they still school me/kick my butt. I only mention that so no one thinks I’m saying I’m above taking Level 1, which couldn’t be further from the truth.)

Anyway, forgive the digression, I just really am curious as to why KMW is only on Long Island and Westchester (which I ain’t doing) in the NYC area. And also if anyone has any advice/recs about either of those places (no federation bashing please, just honest experiences/student feedback) that would be incredibly helpful.

Many thanks, Kravmunitty! Happy training.

lions2011

Re: New York City Krav

There are several Krav organizations but for the USA the krav worldwide appears to be the biggest and most popular. I would just take classes from a certified school on the krav maga worldwide website. Every Krav Maga instructor certified from LA seems to be able to teach extremely well.
    The other krav organizations seem much smaller in the USA.

bear34

My friend from Statten Island trains with KMF when she is at home and speaks highly of them. We are IKMF in Minneapolis.

davidkahn

Metta,

Hi, next week we will officially open our IKMA New York City Location at 49th and 2nd Ave. You are most welcome to train with us. (212) 593-KRAV. http://www.kravnyc.com

Best,

David Kahn

esquire32

I have seen th books and some of the video releases and both are very impressive. Curious.. why is IKMA not represented on the West Coast? Plans to expand further? Thanks…

bear34

David, We would love if your group did some seminars in the midwest. I study with IKMF, and am very happy with them, but we would like to see other takes on Krav Maga.

Wow. Mr. Kahn, thank you for the personal response (thanks as well to lions2011 and bear34 for their helpful suggestions.) Will definitely call the school when I’m town. The training (website, youtube, etc.) looks intense and specific. I’m particularly intrigued by the concept of retzev. My teachers pretty much all emphasize the flow of continuous aggressive movement, but I’ve never heard the word itself used in class, and wonder if the semantics/literal usage serve to take the idea a step further.

Anyway, I’m mainly just excited for the opportunity to continue and diversify my training (if not get some new t-shirts!) Thanks again, and of course best of luck with the opening.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: