Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Nick’s Injury of the Week

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Five minutes into Krav last night and I took a step forward to hit the bag. Something like a rubber band popped in my Achilles Heel and that put a stop to the rest of my footwork for the evening. I managed to stay upright, but it was a hell of a struggle. The pain was so sudden and white hot that I almost hit the ground and wept like a little girl. HA!
    Anyway, anyone ever had an injury to the Achilles Heel? If so, how long did it take to heal?

johnl-d11

Re: Nick’s Injury of the Week

Was it a complete rupture? If so, look to be out for 9-10 months. Even a small tear will put you out at least 3 months.

A tear? Crap. I didn’t even think of that as a possibility. I assumed it was a sprain at best. But definitely not like any sprain I’ve ever experienced before; that may explain why. The fact it was so sudden and painful just wasn’t like any other sprain I’ve ever had. I guess I’m off to Urgent Care then. HA!

nixxon

lol.. maybe its something in Tucson Nick. I seem to get some kind of sprain, jammed finger, pull or deep bruise once a week. Right now I’m working on a bruised back, jammed (perhaps fractured fingers) and a pretty tender/stiff neck.

Most of that is due to Jiu Jitsu though 🙂

Cripes, I haven’t even talked myself into BJJ yet. Those guys are monsters! Every week someone gets slightly warped. HA!

unstpabl1

quote Nickolas Cook:

Cripes, I haven’t even talked myself into BJJ yet. Those guys are monsters! Every week someone gets slightly warped. HA!

Do not pass go. Do not collect $200. Stop asking folkes on the net. Stop dicking around and get you azz to a doctor now. . I pulled a calf muscle that popped like that once running down stairs. Hurt like hell and made a loud noise. It dropped me. It was only a sprain but I thought I tore it. Got lucky. The achilles is nothing to mess with. Go get it looked at. It could be absolutely nothing,but at least you’ll get good advice on recuperation. If its worse you’ll be back training quicker. So in case you miss my point:chair: Go to a doctor:chair: nuff said

Good luck and be well

mike

nixxon

Haha well I wanted to compeate in something and I loved the groundwork so BJJ seems to fit my style.

kmman

I tore my achilles..I cant believe you are asking here. Simply test is sit in a chair and put your bad leg over your good leg…squeeze your calf…your foot should move…if not…NO GOOD…bro you must get to Dr.

Its a tough injury 9-12 months..I hope you dont have thar…REPORT BACK!

Well, I wasn’t sure if it was a simple sprain or not, so before I get feathers ruffled, I realize asking about an injury online is not a smart way to diagnose an ailment. The good news is that I have a hell of a lot more range of motion in it today than day of, and day after, the injury. Which leads me to believe that it wasn’t so serious. If I find myself unable to perform in Krav tonight then I’m off to the doc. I’ve been icing it at work and home. I think that probably helped the injury quite a bit.

johnl-d11

I wouldn’t do any Krav on it until seeing a Dr first.. I had a level 2 ankle sprain from a mosh pit incident :box: :D: and did BJJ the following night, about 30 mins into it, my ankle turned into a cool green/blue color. My stubborn ass went to the Dr the next day and told me to take at least 5-6 weeks off.

Only ice for 15-20 mins at a time, anything more then your body starts sending more blood to the area to warm it back up.

All great advice. Thanks all.

mara-jade

Let us know what you find out man. Pain like that I would’ve stopped right there. I hope it turns out to be nothing serious

Even more range of motion today and was able to do a somewhat harsh workout in Krav last night. No jumping jacks for a few more days, but I do believe it’s getting better.

kmman

Note: Heel pain is an indication of an achilles issue. If you have heel pain be careful.

Will do, KMMAN. Thanks.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: