Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Nick’s new injury of the week

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Broken little toe, right foot. Snapped like a twig last night during Combative Tactics class. Of course it just had to be the same foot with the ankle problem. This has not been a good month. HA!

kmman

Re: Nick’s new injury of the week

How did it happen?

mara-jade

Dang Nick,

Nice to see you’re dedicated but I hope you’re not overdoing it:wav:

kvmorl

Whats a good way of knowing if its broken, apart form hurting! ? I can move it but with pain….

Did my last post get erased for some reason?

My partner in Combative Tactics brought his heel back at the wrong angle and got it caught between my little piggie and its mate, snapping the little toe in half like a twig.

This one has actually kept me out of a class or two. Kind of hard to do much of anything except crunches and pushups (one legged, of course), until it heals a bit more. I did one class with it, but not a very effective night, as I spent most of it hobbling and trying to keep one leg off the ground.

dkatman

That sucks.

I imagine you train in bare feet?

bracius

Geeez man, sorry to hear that. Must be frustrating trying to give 110% and being held back by the piggy toe. Best wishes for a fast recovery.

nixxon

quote DKatman:

That sucks.

I imagine you train in bare feet?

Some of the reasons why I just wear indoor soccer shoes now… everyone is freaking out and spazzing when thier getting attacked and stomping on my feet. I lost part of 2 toenails, its just safer to not have to deal with that.

Yeah, I go barefoot. May have to rethink that method when this heals. Not the first foot related injury, but by far the most impactful at this point. Shoes may be a must in my near future.

Let me add: One of the reasons I keep pushing through various and sundry injuries to attend my classes, and why it pisses me off to no end when I can’t attend, is that part of Krav mentality is to endure through any and all obstacles- that, in my opinion, counts pain. A real confrontation is full of pain and you won’t always have adrenaline to see you through. It won’t always be streamlined. You may have to fight one handed or on one leg for several minutes.
    So, this is more than me just trying to be a hardass and an idiot. It’s mostly seeing if I can really push past the pain and perform when I need to. My wife and/or other loved ones may have to count on that stubborn resolve someday. I don’t want to let them down.

nixxon

Nick,

I agree with you so long as training through the injury does not result in long term injury or a lengthier healing time which may result in complications down the road.

IE: Deep tissue bruise that hurts so bad you can’t bend your quad vs. meniscus tear (Hey I might have one of those!)

Agreed, Nixxon, it’s a fine line. That’s why I decided to take a step back this week and give it some time. I could see myself easily pushing from stubborn resolve to foolhardy idiocy and really causing some long term problems.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: