Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    valpolicella

http://www.jkdextreme.com/tim.wmv
    Patience is rewarded. You won’t learn this in your first year, I’ll tell you that!

********* This is an add on to the original post I made *********

If you go tho this link you will NOT get ANY instruction or explaination of the no inch punch. It’s an 11 minute interview and near the end (I think around 9:30) the interviewee does the no inch puch and it’s literally seconds long.
    I was very impressed the first time I saw this and thought I would share. Simple as that.

beachfront71

Learn what?
    I did not see anything…

kravron

The guy is on our boards advertising his style….yay!

To Original Poster:
    Please do not return to our boards and post your homosexual my style is better than yours crap here.

beachfront71

If that was an advertisment I can see why they are resorting to other poeples boards to try and get members.

Note:

If you are going to come to the Krav boards and pimp your crap, at least have some good media to put in your post. Dont embarrass yourself twice by coming here and posting a fake post, then include a lame ass video that shows absolutley nothing.

_____

N

topitbull

And stop embarassing us fellow Canadians.

F’n Bruce Lee wannabe’s

valpolicella

I’ve been on this forum all be it under a different name, for about 4 years now and i have had a lot of great discussion. I can’t beleive how hostile you guys are, I’ve never seen this before.
    I know the clip was about 11 minutes long but around 9:30 the man (In his 60’s) did the no inch punch! I guess you did’nt get that far.
    Your loss not mine.

To KravRon: JKD is not even my style and I never said it was. You jumped to a false conclusion. Plain and simple.
    Also, I never said that my stlye was better than KM (ANOTHER false conclusion) in this post or any other I have ever made. I’m not that kind of guy. It really is the person, not the system. You’d do well to remember that.
    Finally by using the term Homosexual in that context you show that you are a bigot.

To beachfront71:
    This clearly was not an ad. I simply posted a link to a clip that I though martial artists would get a kick out of seeing. As far as I know it was’nt a fake post. I just copied and pasted. No emabrrassment here. I really could’nt care less if you became a member of the forum, it’s not my forum. God forbid you might learn something new.

To TOPitbull: How did I embarrass Canadians? Because I posted a martial arts clip on a martial arts web site? Atleast the other 2 people had a comment I could reasonably reply to. You just started name calling. Thanks for your contribution.

You guys are so defensive. And I guess I can understand with all those Haganah (or what ever they call it) guys coming on here and disputing Krav’s authenticity.
    But guys I never said 1 bad thing or was disrespectful in anyway. I even own all the Krav videos because I thought KM is pretty practicle and I thought I could learn from the system. I think you guys could learn from me. I think your cup is pretty full. Maybe you should shut your mouths and open your eyes and ears. What makes you guys the defenders of KM anyway? Are you all such great martial arts masters that you’ve seen it all? I doubt it.\” A little knowledge is dangerous\” and I think you guys prove it
    I’m sure if I was out of line John would have had something to say. He’s a great moderator and I’ve discussed topics with him on this forum a few times.
    Anyway when you lads can do the no inch puch let me know until then you all are no better than I am.

atakrav

Uhh

What the heck is this junk man, its freaking long and junk and boring. My attention span is not very great. Theres some freakin dude sittin in a chair talking, and some like islamic guy asking questions. I just wanted to see someone punch something…

valpolicella

I’m sorry I even posted the link.

Why don’t you guys stand up, because it’s going over all your heads.

Maybe if you guys understood the one inch punch and the body mechanics that make it work and how they can be applied to other techniques…
    I’m not saying this is a cool knock out or butt wuping. It just shows the power one can learn to use so you don’t always have to rely on strength and brute force. And here it is right before your eyes. Can’t you guys grasp this?
    It’s not in the length of the event. It’s the potential power that can be tapped into. There’s nothing mystical about it. Anybody can learn this. I know I want to.
    I guess I can’t expect just anybody to understand, like I said it is’nt basic… You might not grasp this in your first year of training. Wait until you’ve been training for most of your life and you get old. It might mean something to you then.
    I don’t know why I even try with you guys.

kravron

1 inch punch = ok, applications in street fight minimal as only Bruce Lee was ever good enough to apply it that way.

You posted this link as an advertisment for JKD. JKD is all good as a concept, which is what it was designed for, but anyone who claims it as a style and only uses \”JKD\” is seriously dilluding themselves about it.

Most schools use JKD concepts to augment their training, this was the original intention of Bruce Lee.

The use of a word proves I am a biggot? You know nothing of me nor how I am. Maybe I am a biggot but I dont go wandering to other boards to advertise Krav. I come to these forums to discuss Krav, not to have some chump advertise JKD and the famed \”1 Inch Punch\”.

All I have to say is \”boards dont hit back\”.

When you can do your 1inch punch while some guy is beating your head in, then we will talk. Power is great…and nothing wrong with JKD concepts.

If I wished to learn JKD I would have taken a school that offers its concepts. Your last two posts have come across just like your first one. You are better than us because we dont practice JKD, or your better because you have been practicing JKD over a year. This is why you got attacked and this is why it will continue. You are coming across as a pompus \”my style is better than yours\” ass. Frankly, personally I am not concerned with anything you have to say. I have read Bruce Lee’s books and watched some JKD classes. Frankly…I am un-impressed. If I want to augment my training I will take BJJ.

caliwt

I thought the link was fine, but apparentlly a FEW people want to talk only about KM.

\”Please do not return to our boards and post your homosexual my style is better than yours crap here\” made no sense at all, Homo meaning \”same\” so Same style is better than same style crap? I don’t get it. or are Homosexuals all out to get each other?

\”F’n Bruce Lee wannabe’s\” Tim is legit, show some respect

\”some like islamic guy asking questions\” Islamic? he sounded Israli too me(sic). atakrav, you showed your true colors there, how do islamics sound? That is just plain bad anti-semetic crap and you should be ashamed!!

Valpolicella, don’t worry about people that won’t read and who can’t listen, its not your fault if they are not interested in training things that take a few years to learn…..

jops

A mind is a terrible thing to waste. 😕

valpolicella

KravRon:
    What you don’t know because you have clearly not learned the 1 inch punch is that the mechanics can be applied to other stikes such as an elbow strike. Which I would expect you to know from your KM training is a good knockout technique ina street fight.

Was Bruce Lee the only person ever good enough to use it? I don’t know I and neither do you.

No, it was’n an ad for JKD any more than it’s an add for any particular web site that shows clips of kids fighting which other peolpe have posted on this forum in other threads. It just happened to be JKD.

Your right, I don’t know anything about you or how you are other than what I can gather from your publicly made coment. Which gives me evidence that you are a bigot. You opened the door (or should I say your mouth)I just walked through it.

\”boards dont hit back\”
    Yes I’ve heard that before. I beleive Bruce Lee said it. That’s why he did’nt go around showing off by breaking boards, He broke stereotypes and boundries and opened up a lot of peoples minds.

Actually I still have’nt said anything about my style. You don’t know what my style is. But I’ll tell you right now my style is not to make myself look like a jerk in public.

Look Man, I don’t know you and you don’t know me. This discussion (?) could go on back and forth forever but THAT is what this forum is NOT for. And yes you clearly do care about what I (an anonomys guy on the internet miles away) have to say or you would’nt have replied.
    Some people will get my point you don’t /won’t. What does it really matter? You and I probably would agree on other matters such as we both like KM.
    There clearly are those out there who did like my post and there are plenty of othere great posts in here to read if you did’nt.
    All I’m saying is you came across harshly and I did nothing to deserve that . If you don’t like it DON\”T READ IT!

muleg7

I’m new to this forum and was just wondering what the heck all the hostility is about? Valpolicella didn’t tell you guys to drop KM and get a membership at a JKD school. He posted a clip that he thought might be appreciated by martial arts enthusiasts and you guys are taking offense for some odd reason.
    It seems to me that your minds are closed off to any ideas that aren’t stamped with the KM logo. It’s a shame, because that is exactly the kind of attitude that cast martial arts into a downward spiral and started an epidemic of McDojos. I wouldn’t expect that kind of attitude on a KM site. What gives?

P.S. I was not impressed with the video, but I do appreciate having the opportunity to see it.

kravron

Your new so you havent had an oppurtunity to see all the people who come to our forums to recruit for their bigger badder better styles. Hostility comes in the form that with his first post he suggested that because JKD has the \”no inch punch\” we should enroll.
    \”Patience is rewarded. You won’t learn this in your first year, I’ll tell you that!\” <- Typical recruiting statement.

Fact of the matter is I went to the video..I looked at their website. Couple things bothered me. If it all originated with some of bruce lee’s original students…who were told by him, they even said this in the video and in their bio’s, NOT TO TEACH the style…why are they teaching it? Second I looked at the forums on their website and found Valpole’s posts on there. He might as well have kissed the guys feet. Third when I watched the video, it looked to me like he just pushed the guy. I could do the same thing with a similar result and I have never trained JKD.

Valpolice never did two things and this is why he got hostility twards him. 1) When he originally posted he put the video in and made some stupid recruiting statement instead of saying \”Anyone have an idea of how this would be applied to Krav?\” This is a Krav Maga board.
    2) All his other posts all talk about how inferior we are because we arent enlightened enough to understand how JKD is superior.

JKD is a concept…..it can only be taught as such. Anyone who claims to TEACH JKD is complete BS.

jjbklb

Bruce Lee clip doing close-in punch

http://www.wimp.com/lethal/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: