• This topic has 16 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 16 years ago by spy.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    cmetalman

I’m a sweater,”not the apparel kind”, I can breakout in such a sweat just on warming up, used to be self-conscious about it, anyone else have that problem?

kmky

Re: no sweat?

myself and a couple of the guys i workout with leave puddles on the mat after we roll. we just mop it up when we are done.

stevetuna

I’m the same way. It’s just part of the deal. Keep a towel at the ready, wipe up afterwards. What else can we do?

bradm

Me too. I sweat like crazy. Always keep a towel close by.

traveler

I think I loose approximately 30 % of my water weight during class. I started wearing a long sleeve t-shirt because my forearms were so slippery. I figure I was helping out my training partner, nobody wants to grab hold of a sweaty mess. Problem was I would sweat right through the shirt anyway. I invested in a long sleeve Nike dryfit shirt. It actually does a half decent job. It absorbs more than a normal shirt-less puddles. Less puddles but still puddles. I have come to terms with the fact I break a sweat when someone says the word workout. On the flip side I started Krav about a month ago, changed some eating habits, make class 3 times a week. I have lost 15 lbs and dropped 2 pant sizes. That’s the good news bad news is it cost me more money to buy new clothes. Bottom line is like the other guys said bring 2 towels 1 for you and 1 for the matt.

unstpabl1

Sweatings good. You get out all the toxins. Its when you don’t sweat that you got a problem

leejam99

its the way that your body keeps cool also. if your sweating…that means your getting a good workout and that your body is doing what its suppose to be doing.

Keep it up!

trish

Eeeewwww! Yucky! My suggestion to you guys is to bring an extra shirt or two and change it during class that way you won’t be dripping everywhere nor will you offend your partner by being all yucky. That’s just me, though. ;):

cmetalman

Trish, don’t know you but pretty sure your kidding.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

quote cmetalman:

Trish, don’t know you but pretty sure your kidding.

LOL Nope shes not kidding

miriam

quote Trish:

Eeeewwww! Yucky! My suggestion to you guys is to bring an extra shirt or two and change it during class that way you won’t be dripping everywhere nor will you offend your partner by being all yucky. That’s just me, though. ;):

And since we’re on the topic, as both an instructor and a student in cardio bag class, I have noticed a unique sweaty problem: because of the motion and force exerted in hitting the bag, individuals who sweat profusely during bag class end up literally spraying those near them with sweat. I have sadly and unfortunately had first hand experience with this, and I have to say it’s one of the grossest things to feel someone else’s sweat when you’re not intending to feel it. :Surprised: And it’s one of those touchy problems, in that you want to say something to the person, but just don’t know how. Kinda like telling a perfect stranger his fly is undone.

Of course I’m being facetious, but in all seriousness, I really mean this post to serve as a little PSA (public service announcement) to anyone who has a sweating problem and takes bag class to PLEASE be kind and conscious of those around you and also towel off frequently. thumbsup

vwr32

I wouldn’t consider myself an excessive sweater.. but the nature of the classes does tend to leave my shirt wet. I do bring a towel to every class, but it sits next to my water. When the instructor says “get a drink” or something to that effect, that’s when I have the opportunity to also towel off. Stopping training every 2 min to dry off or change a shirt is counter productive to training, be it me stopping or having to wait for my partner to do the same. I’ve just sort of come to expect getting hit by sweat from time to time.

parishd

As a sweat’er myself, one of the things I liked about KM training was that almost everyone was sweating as much as I was, women and men alike. I am as considerate as possible about it, but given the circumstances, getting hit by someone else’s sweat just seems inevitable to me.

I did get one comment about it (from a girl), but since she was as sweaty as I was and said it with a big smile, I assumed it was in jest. Though given a couple of the responses here, maybe not…

miriam

quote vwr32:

Stopping training every 2 min to dry off or change a shirt is counter productive to training, be it me stopping or having to wait for my partner to do the same. I’ve just sort of come to expect getting hit by sweat from time to time.

I TOTALLY agree with you, VWR. Yes, it is expected to be sweat on in class. Of course! Hopefully my comment didn’t seem like an unreasonable comment, because to clarify, what I’m referring to is a unique situation that goes way beyond expected sweatiness in class. There’s an individual in this class who clearly and unfortunately has an unusual sweating issue. It isn’t the occasional droplets…it is a literal shower of sweat spray. That’s really the only reason why I commented on it (and because several others in class have commented to me and asked what could be done about it). :dunno:

jonj480

I was sweating quite a bit in class also, I have found that 2 towels as well as a dri fit shirt seem to help quite a bit. I have also found that sweating can sometimes be a direct result of different types of supplements. For awhile, when I first started, I would take NO Xplode before class (I was taking that when I was lifting more, so I figured it would translate), however, because of the excess quantities of caffeine in that product, it caused me to sweat quite a bit more than when I went to class without taking it, with no noticeable performance difference in class. I have also found that partnering with someone who works as hard and sweats as much as I do tends to minimize the self-conscious feeling.

I am not saying that work level translates to sweat level, everybody is different, but as you go to class for awhile, you learn who has the same body type as you.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: