Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Non licensed Krav studios?

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    navyone

Re: Non licensed Krav studios?

I believe if you take a practice class and have a chance to interact with the teachers and students, you can get a comprehensive feel of the studio. I am new to my area and am looking for a place myself. Generally, I am focusing on studios that are KM solely, not those that do KM along with TKD, Karate, etc. . .Soon, though, I will enlarge my search. . .

catapult

I found this site helpful. It explains a bit about the legit organizations and lists legit schools along with the logo of their organization. There are a lot of schools listed but they have to sign up so some good ones may not be included.

http://kravamerica.com/Krav-Maga-Organizations/
    http://kravamerica.com/Training/where-can-i-train.html

oldkmdude

Speaking of which, anyone heard anything (good or bad) about this place?

http://kravmagainstitute-usa.com/

psyops

@oldKMdude

The link above is for the Krav Maga school in Berkeley. Danny is a very good teacher. He is former IDF and in fact he did belong to IKMF and KMWW for many years. Danny is no longer affiliated with any of the organizations officially. I have not asked him about his reasoning, but knowing Danny a little bit, he probably got fed up with all of the b.s. and organizational beefs and discovered that being affiliated with an organization does not make one succesful, again this is my opinion. Anyways I can tell you that if you are in the East Bay and you want to train. You should train with Danny. I have trained with him and he is very, very good.

oldkmdude

quote Psyops:

@oldKMdude

The link above is for the Krav Maga school in Berkeley. Danny is a very good teacher. He is former IDF and in fact he did belong to IKMF and KMWW for many years. Danny is no longer affiliated with any of the organizations officially. I have not asked him about his reasoning, but knowing Danny a little bit, he probably got fed up with all of the b.s. and organizational beefs and discovered that being affiliated with an organization does not make one succesful, again this is my opinion. Anyways I can tell you that if you are in the East Bay and you want to train. You should train with Danny. I have trained with him and he is very, very good.

Thanks! That’s exactly what I was looking for. I might be moving to the East Bay next year and I couldn’t find any KMWW-affiliated schools that looked good. It sounds like it would be a good place to train. I’m still curious about their story – I think I remember that as recently as last year, they were IKMF-affiliated.

lions2011

to oldmuathai dude. Not sure if you remember me.

I have been doing Muay Thai now for 3 months and your right. KRav is a better system for the street and Thai is better for the ring.

Even through I like Krav far better I find Muay Thai to be extremely fun too.

Are you going to start KRav one day.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: