Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    skelegirl

I just wanted to post a quick hello to the forum. I started taking Krav Maga three weeks ago (been to two classes due to scheduling conflicts and an emergency trip to VA because the SO’s father was in the hospital) and I have to say I LOVE IT!

Just a little FYI about me… I’m working on my PhD in anthropology and getting ready to spend at least a month in Africa this summer. My SO is in the military and wants me to get some sort of self defense classes under my belt before heading off across the ocean. After the first class, I was upset that I had to miss the next week because of having to go out of town but went back this past weekend. I swear I feel like King Kong on cocaine after finishing the class even though I am probably better pictured as the fat kid in little league (coordination is obviously not my strong point).

Guess that is about it

Skelegirl

mara-jade

Re: Noob in Texas

Welcome to the forum!

Where are you training at if it’s ok to ask? Congrats on your decision to train in KM. You’re gonna have a blast

skelegirl

quote mara_jade:

Welcome to the forum!

Where are you training at if it’s ok to ask? Congrats on your decision to train in KM. You’re gonna have a blast

Actually, I think at the one you are at… 911 Self Defense and Krav Maga over at Crossroads :wav: I’ve been taking the Saturday morning classes with Ray and I’m loving it. I think once I lose some of the weight from Graduate School (sitting in front of a computer or a book for 8-12 hours a day is not conducive to a healthy lifestyle) I will be a tad more coordinated and graceful.

I just have to remember–DON’T STOP, Do something even if its not what was taught-just do something! Been overthinking things a little…thumbsup

mara-jade

Sweet!! Just had my first class with Ray and Roger as they were subbing for Henry in 2/3 last week. I was odd one out so Roger worked with me on my drills..Dang, what a workout!thumbsup

Hubby and I are getting over the ick going around so our endurance has gone..AGAIN..Friggin drives me nuts

Enjoy yourself and maybe I’ll catch ya in class one of these days:wav:

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: