Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums KM Techniques & Krav Maga Books Not a sleeper hold and not a bar arm…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    lb

I’ve been searching everywhere but I cant seem to find the name of the choke that involves is basically a bar arm choke, but one of your arms in under their arm, immobilizing them…anybody know the name of this and/or a defense? I know its used in wrestling a lot…its the choke at 00:55 in this Bas Rutten video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNXRInrSSVU

giant-killer

Looks like in the Rutten video he just used that position to get a collar choke from there. So it was the bad guy’s shirt that was choking him, not the arm.

If he holds you like that and then chokes with only one arm, I don’t think the choke would be very strong. You could probably do a pluck with the other (free) arm and then still turn in and counter.

Of course, he might trap your arm like that and then put his arm around your neck and clasp his hands together, or even grab his own biceps in a type of reverse triangle choke. Once he closes that one, it might be hard to get out, all you could do would be to counter with your free arm, maybe groin shots, or also use foot stomps or kicks against the shin, hoping he’ll let go.

wood69321

Maybe you are referring to a \”single wing choke?\” If you have or can get a copy of Greg Thompsons H2H book; Modern Army Combatives, it’s on page 69. Or, maybe you are refering to the arm triangle choke on page 269 of the KM book. Not sure what you’re looking for, hope these helped.

JSW

wood69321

Just watched the You Tube video. It’s the single wing choke.

JSW

lb

Is there an effective defense for that?

ryan

The attack develops (see seconds 54 and 55) just like headlock from behind, so at that point, you would defend it the same way (i.e., pluck, turn and tuck your chin, make space and take out your head.) If you are very late, you may need to address the hand/arm that goes behind the head (attack the fingers), but turning and tucking the chin, while plucking, should still address the immediate danger (if you notice in the vid, the guy Bas is choking turns his head away, aiding the choke.)

I hope this helps.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: