Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge Not quite sure my son gets it…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    leam

My wife was explaining the candidates to our son, why we’re Republicans, and that sort of thing to help him be aware of the political process and the system of making choices. Se talked about Huckabee having been a former pastor and McCain having been a Prisoner of War.

She took a minute to explain the concept of POW but it might not have been enough. When she asked my son who we should vote for, he said “McCain, now that he’s got his act together”.

Leam

Re: Not quite sure my son gets it…

Just out of curiosity how old is your son leam?

I’m torn right now on who to vote for. I’m not really stuck with any specific party it really depends for me on how they stand on issues and not political lines.

I believe that McCain will be the Republican nominee but on the Democratic side it’s either Billary or Obama at this point and I dont know who will win that vote but I believe it will be Obama.

Either way on the democratic side I’m glad to see the views of minorities has changed enough to where we have a woman and a black man coming this close to being President. Even though I am neither I think it is a good thing for this country in general.

Oh and McCain would be my absolute choice except I think he is to liberal.

leam

He’s 12 but still very much in the concrete operations side of things. Big heart, bundle of energy, and handsome. No family resemblance. 🙂

<politics>
    If Sec. Rice were to run I’d vote for her in a heartbeat. While my opinion of Senator Clinton is rather low based on the present and the past, I know less about Senator Obama. After voting either side for several years I’ve become more Republican as I go.

Sadly, I can’t see either party being particularly pure but the entire President Clinton scandal left me feeling pretty low. His behavior was wrong but not as bad as the Senators who voted “not guilty”. The President is the one person most beholden to the law. How can you lead when you make a travesty of the system that you’re leading?

Between that and the welfare state we’re becoming where being a victem excuses any crime bothers me and I want to support whomever will help turn that tide.
    </politics>

I know my choice but we all have to make ours and keep plugging for whatever we believe is right. Someone of the opposing party who votes and tries to make the world a better place is ten times better than someone on my side who stays home and complains about how bad things have gotten.

Leam

raneman

That is great Leam that you take the time to get him started early. My daughter is the same way and she runs around the house chanting Obama, Obama for no apparent reason(usually after the news has been on). We explained what was going on, the process, etc. and she ended up making a very profiund statement when I asked her who she would vote for. She said Obama. When asked why, she said “because all those people on TV are going to”. Thankfully she isn’t old enough to vote but makes you wonder if there are a lot of people out there with that same sense.

Not sure who I am going to vote for yet but heavily leaning towards Hilary. McCain rubs me wrong on numerous issues and I see this race almost like damage control. Pick the best of the worst lol. It really sucks sometimes that we have to settle for that kind of choice.

quote Raneman:

Not sure who I am going to vote for yet but heavily leaning towards Hilary. McCain rubs me wrong on numerous issues and I see this race almost like damage control. Pick the best of the worst lol. It really sucks sometimes that we have to settle for that kind of choice.

I felt that way when in a few elections.

Right now I’m just 100% sold on any one candidate. Now that I have real cable TV back I need to listen to another primary to get their views on the current issues.

McCain had me at one point but some of his stands are to liberal for my liking.

leam

This seems fairly neutral, as far as the press goes…

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/issues/

My take on the issues:

Abortion: If a school system allows a teacher to help a girl get an abortion then teacher and school system are liable for the trauma and anguish that girl will likely face for the rest of her life.

Economic Stimulus: Don’t buy on credit, and spend less than you earn.

Education: Find a system that teaches people to learn, otherwise quit wasting money.

Guns: New York city hasn’t figured out that citizens not being able to carry guns to protect themselves hasn’t made crime go away. Get a clue.

Immigration: Show up legally, learn to speak English, work hard, and you’ll probably put most of us born here to shame.

Taxes: Either quit spending so much or quit complaining about the budget.

Leam

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: