Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Our latest 3rd degree/1st degree black belts.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    la-revancha

Brother Brent, Kelly, and Kokushi Matsumoto (JPN) joined elite company yesterday when they succesfully completed 3rd dan testing.

Brother Ryan Hoover, who suffered a concussion a week earlier and STILL managed to do the damn thing, acquired 1st degree rank.

I was honored to videotape the entire exam. We are all very proud of their achievements.

Welcome to the varsity, Ryan. Try to be a little less ecstatic next time!!

HOORAY AND PARABENS!!!

psyops

Re: Our latest 3rd degree/1st degree black belts.

Awesome!

Big Brother Brent! Congrats Man!
    By far one of the sickest individuals I have ever had the pleasure of training with! I mean that in the best possible way. He’s born again hard! The guy is a warrior. Krav Maga is pumping through his veins and I want to be like Brent when I grow up!

Kokushi Matsumoto is a fantastic instructor and practioner I was lucky to have had him visit and train us for a few days in Phase! Humble and extremely precise in every movement. He is the excellence of execution personified! Congrats Sir!

Last but not least Kelly! Kelly has been like a big sis to me in Krav Maga! She literally has kicked my ass and made me better! She has always been there whenever I bother her! Kelly is the measuring stick for so many women in Krav Maga! But I will tell you that she is also the measuring stick for all men as well. I am proud to say that she inspires me and I have nothing but love for this hard core Krav Maga bad ass!

Ryan Hoover,

The great one! Seriously I have not heard of anyone ever leaving a session with Ryan Hoover not acknowledging his expertise and ability. The dude is top notch! He is a life long warrior. Born to do it! Congrats friend

These guys represent all that I hope to become in my years of training. Thank all of you for inspiring me and others to be better everyday. Krav Maga FOREVER!
    Psyops
    (Donavin)

mara-jade

Congrats to all – I’ve read those tests are put you through hellthumbsup

Ryan – way to to go man! A concussion and you still did it? Dang..

When is the video going to be up on Amazon or whatever? I’m sure a bunch of us out there would like to see it!

Congrats guys! Saw some of the test during Phase A test break….looked ridiculous!

stevetuna

Congratulations to all!!!

I can’t say it any better than Psyops already did. I’ve not had the chance to meet Mr. Matsumoto, but have heard many great things about him.

I’ll keep checking back to hear the stories that came out of these tests…

Way to go, Ryan!

brentw

Big D, that almost brought a tear to my eye. Thanks man!!

Thanks to everybody who came out to watch us get our asses kicked. I had a great time. No, seriously I did. I have never been happier to be hit in the head with a stick, punched in the mouth with a gun, bitten and have my reproductive organs squeezed to death by a guy. (I fell I owe Kokushi $100 for that. D, what’s the going price in vegas?)

I feel honored to have been a part of it and to be trained by and to train with the best in the world. To all my friends – sincerely, thank you for everything.

A super special thanks to my medical staff for putting me together and keeping me that way. You guys are the best!

Brent – Now with 67% more danger.

edsko

Congratulations!! How do we get a copy of the video? 🙂

saruotoko

quote BrentW:

Big D, that almost brought a tear to my eye. Thanks man!!

Thanks to everybody who came out to watch us get our asses kicked. I had a great time. No, seriously I did. I have never been happier to be hit in the head with a stick, punched in the mouth with a gun, bitten and have my reproductive organs squeezed to death by a guy. (I fell I owe Kokushi $100 for that. D, what’s the going price in vegas?)

I feel honored to have been a part of it and to be trained by and to train with the best in the world. To all my friends – sincerely, thank you for everything.

A super special thanks to my medical staff for putting me together and keeping me that way. You guys are the best!

Brent – Now with 67% more danger.

HUGE congratulations to you, Kokushi, Ryan, & Kelly. I got to see a lot of the punishment. I was SO stoked to keep training so I could get exposed to more insanely-great techniques.

Damn, Brent! And you ALREADY had a buttload of “danger!” Does that extra 67% push you into the large economy-sized “Danger” category?

Mario

brentw

yep, I am now available at Costo.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

I canít think of a better way to spend the weekend, patching you back together that is. I think thatís the only time in my life Iím going to get away with saying ìBrent STFU and listen to meî

I also want to further one thing that stands out, Ryan did the test sick as a dog. Thursday night he came in the center didnít look so bad but on Friday he was hanging out watching my class with his head on the table. I had to check on him a few times because he looked awful.

So by Sunday he was literally rolled up in a ball in the corner, the Dr would talk to him for a second he would stand up walk in front of Darren listen to the instructions and then morph into a totally different guy who was AWSOME at technique. Darren would call time and he would go back in the corner to snuggle with his headgear seemingly oblivious to everything going on around hm. Talk about flipping a switch, I canít imagine doing a 3 day Black Belt test in a coma. Whatever motivational mantra he was chanting in his head, just wow!

To my friend Kelly, you were flawless, but you already know how I feel about your work ethic.

Lastly Kokushi whoís humor while under duress kept us all laughing. To you my candy loving friend I have a new nickname ìMaster of the Flying Guillotineî Those that saw him do knife on knife during his test will understand. The jumping flying, WOW wtf was that, rear naked Japanese necktie was truly something for a highlight reel. Iiiiiish!

relli-kant

Congrats to all!

tazz

Congratulions to all, Ryan it was good to have you back in class today. I am honored to have you as my Instructor . We know you are a great warrior! CONGRATS RYAN!

jesse

Major congratulations, guys.

I didn’t make it to the morning class, but I was there last night and Carrol and Ken were saying that Ryan seems to have gotten a 2nd concussion along the way. Now that’s guts. I’m looking forwards to tomorrow.

Jesse

ryan

Okay, since I’m getting a lot of e-mails and messages, I thought I’d answer a few questions here (please indulge/ignore me.)

Before I do that, I’d like to thank Darren for his friendship and teachings. I’d also like to thank John Whitman and Sam Sade, who were very instrumental in my early KM instruction (others, like Jon, Amir, Richard, and Wade also played a significant role.) I’d also like to thank Brent, Kelly, and Kokushi for allowing me to share the honor of the test with them. The performance they put on was amazing (what I can remember!) Thanks to Majid and Dr. Flitt for getting me through the week, and Dr. Dan and Dr. Dave for the help during the test. Thanks to everyone who sent me messages throughout the week, and for all of the comments here.

Now, for the questions/answers:

– I have never been a KM black belt, nor have I ever tested for that rank. I have not tested in KM in over five years (since my son was born.)
    -Thanksgiving morning, during a training session, I suffered a concussion. As a result, I got severely dehydrated.
    -Tuesday before the test, I got IV fluids, and I flew to LA the following day.
    -Darren, et al, were very understanding of my condition.
    -During the test, I was elbowed in the back of the head, which apparently caused me to “reconcuss”, and I was experiencing ataxia and nystagmus.

That’s it…other than the occasional headache and pains in my legs (apparently lingering effects from the dehydration), I’m fine.

Thanks again to everyone. All the best!

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

quote Ryan:

other than the occasional headache and pains in my legs (apparently lingering effects from the dehydration), I’m fine!

See, I knew you were milking it!!!!! Damn slacker.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: