Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Personal Protection Officer

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    wgooden

I have recently started taking Krav Maga instruction and wanted to know if there were other body guards that were using Krav Maga techniques in their toolbox. I have been to a few PPO seminars where it seemed that instructors were borrowing a lot from Krav Maga, but not really giving credit where credit is due. Of course that is just my opinion. I know that in some gun disarms in Krav Maga there is really no consideration to the client or third person in that the weapons muzzle sweeps behind the ppo while blading his body … that can be countered by diverting the weapon upward instead of down. Since I am new at this … there is probably a lot more ways to disarm besides the few that I have seen.

I would appreciate other body guards commenting here.

Thanks

Re: Personal Protection Officer

There are numerous third party defenses for just about any weapon you can think of. Several are just applications of basic Krav defenses, some are third party specific. With the exception of gun defense while mounted, I can’t think of a single gun defense that redirects the gun upwards. Even with that defense, it’s more of an angle. One of the absolutes in Krav Maga is that the weapon is controlled, it is very difficult to control a weapon that is above your head.

Within the civilian system, third party defenses are usually taught after the basic weapons defenses, well into the Brown Belt level of training. In fact, they’re not even tested on until second dan Black. I train several bodyguards on a semi private basis and I work with a local bodyguard school occasionally, and I know I’m not the only one. Being that you are in the personal Protection industry, your best bet may be getting some private lessons from a highly ranked Civilian Practitioner or maybe even working with some experienced Force training guys. If you wait to see it in a regular class, it may be a long wait… Anyways, best of luck in your training. It will be a valuable tool for you.

revadim

Re: Personal Protection Officer

When you’re disarming someone with a pistol etc, it’s over in a matter of seconds… if that. While you’re disarming the “bad person” the wpn’s direction is of course controlled by the disarmer. Like Jeremy has already said, “the wpn will be at an angle” It’s one of those things. The chances of a round hitting the VIP…. I’ll let you be the judge of that.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: