Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Pflugerville/Round Rock Level One/Yellow Belt test

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    bracius

We (The Pflugerville and Round Rock schools) tested on Saturday. We all put in 100% even when we had 20% left to give. We had several injuries (including myself) but we never stopped. I couldn’t stand on one foot so I stood on the other and used my knee since it still worked.

Another guy smashed his knee but never quit. Several sprains, pulled muscles, and cramps….no one stopped.

We passed….no just the yellow belt test but our personal commitments to each other. Or motto was “I didn’t come here to fail”. We trained with each other for months and it showed. Every very short break we had was not spent sitting in a corner but pumping each other up for the next session.

We start level two training this Tuesday and I cannot wait :box2::box:

Oh…..and for some reason the sound of cups getting whacked is somehow very relaxing and hypnotizing.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Re: Pflugerville/Round Rock Level One/Yellow Belt test

quote Bracius:

for some reason the sound of cups getting whacked is somehow very relaxing and hypnotizing.

Congrats and great quote!

I was also there testing. I also bashed my knee. I connected knee to knee w/ my partner when we were doing choke defenses on a grassy hill. He didn’t even notice it. Fortunately, it was just a bad bruise, but it did make the last hour or so interesting.

I also can’t wait to start level 2 stuff.

bracius

quote InheritedAnArsenal:

I was also there testing. I also bashed my knee. I connected knee to knee w/ my partner when we were doing choke defenses on a grassy hill. He didn’t even notice it. Fortunately, it was just a bad bruise, but it did make the last hour or so interesting.

I also can’t wait to start level 2 stuff.

What he didn’t tell you guys about is that grassy hill is a drainage ditch for a busy road. We had to do choke from behind/front w/ push down one side and up the other with out getting hit by an SUV. Kind of forces you to get it right the first time. I hear the make-up test can be just as killer.

Anywho, yeah had a little bit of the same with Mike. We were doing our low inside block and we kept tagging each other. I must have punched his elbow at least 20 times at full force. You may remember when that happened by the muffled sobbing coming from my end of the gym.

saruotoko

Gang….way to keep going, back in Central Texas! As a Cedar Park boy, I’m always happy to hear good things coming from Williamson County. LOL

Heal up good, cause there’s some GREAT stuff coming in Level 2!

So I was able to prove to myself that my knee is fine. I went back to lifting heavy (took a week off before the test). I squatted 275 3×5 and deadlifted 300 1×5. So yea, the knee is fine.

And the low inside defenses also sucked. I didn’t hear the sobbing over the profanity coming from my side of the room.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: