Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    moneymarv

This pretty straight forward. I’m looking for advice and such regarding the Phase A instructor training from anyone who has gone through it.

I’m fairly confident in my knowledge and skills, but still with a healthy dose of nervousness (as I am in no way expecting a cakewalk). I’m just trying to be as prepared as possible before I head off to do this.

But I can’t seem to get a clear advice. Mostly people tell me about heat stroke dehydration, broken appendages, and the dude what had a heart attack.

So if you have an practical advice or warnings or suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks!

kmyoshi

Re: Phase A advice?

I haven’t gone through phase, but from what I’ve seen, you need to get past the nervousness. It’s one thing to know the technique, and whole different beast to teach it (to a set standard anyway.) Essentially you will be taking your L1 test again but there will also be a teaching portion of the test. You will need to acquire good public speaking skills, have confidence in your abilities (as in, don’t sound like you’re unsure or like you’re questioning yourself) and of course being very fit. Practice explaining SOMETHING to a group of friends, this could be as simple as changing a light bulb, changing oil in your car, or even a Krav technique and go from there… practice makes perfect!

pinkgloves

Re: Phase A advice?

Hydrate!!! I can’t emphasize that enough.

Stretch every morning and every night.

Know and embrace the teaching template. I think KMW might teach this to you during Phase A. I went through KMA’s instruction certification, and we were expected to not only already know it but use it. People learn in a variety of ways. The template is designed to reach everyone.

Be confident in your teaching while being able to explain the teaching points clearly and concisely.

Analogies are your friend.

Stock up on Aleeve, KT Tape, braces, and muscle rubs. It’s better to have everything you could possibly need than be left wanting.

Go in with an open mind. They will teach you exactly to way the techniques should be both performed and taught.

Take a pen and notepad. You’re training with and learning from the best of the best. Take notes on everything: drills, warm-up ideas, analogies you’ve never heard, questions people ask, etc. By the end of each day, and especially the week, you’ll be too tired to remember everything.

Have fun! It’s a great experience.

Hydrate!!!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: