Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics PinkGloves’ Great Adventure

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    pinkgloves

Tuesday night, I tossed and turned. This was partly because the people in the room next to me decided to throw a party but mostly because of the nervousness and excitement about what awaited me the next day: training at the Sherman Oaks locations. Aside from a month or so when I trained in Poland, I have spent my entire Krav career at one place. Traveling out to LA was like the first day at a new school. Actually, that’s exactly what is was. Would the other students accept the new kid, or would I be picked last for dodgeball? My reservations were immediately laid to rest, and the next three hours were a lot of fun. It was great to meet and work with a few of the people from this forum. I couldn’t have asked for better partners. They challenged me and made me earn every defense. Christian was awesome and didn’t mind me whipping my notebook out to jot down drills and teaching points. Sean, you were extremely helpful. Your explanations made perfect sense. I absolutely cannot wait for tonight’s classes! Best. Vacation. Ever. :woohoo:

kmyoshi

Re: PinkGloves’ Great Adventure

Sweet! How long are you in town for?

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

I’m glad you enjoyed yourself! Just think tomorrow you get back to back classes with me teaching. I might even let you pick the curriculum for the 12:30 class so put your thinking cap on…

unstpabl1

Have Sean teach his arsenal of Sean White inspired spinning whirly dervish kicks :woohoo:
    Christian and Sean 2 of my all time favorites.

quote PinkGloves:

Tuesday night, I tossed and turned. This was partly because the people in the room next to me decided to throw a party but mostly because of the nervousness and excitement about what awaited me the next day: training at the Sherman Oaks locations. Aside from a month or so when I trained in Poland, I have spent my entire Krav career at one place. Traveling out to LA was like the first day at a new school. Actually, that’s exactly what is was. Would the other students accept the new kid, or would I be picked last for dodgeball? My reservations were immediately laid to rest, and the next three hours were a lot of fun. It was great to meet and work with a few of the people from this forum. I couldn’t have asked for better partners. They challenged me and made me earn every defense. Christian was awesome and didn’t mind me whipping my notebook out to jot down drills and teaching points. Sean, you were extremely helpful. Your explanations made perfect sense. I absolutely cannot wait for tonight’s classes! Best. Vacation. Ever. :woohoo:

Sean, thanks for making the intro, and PG, great training with you today! Thank you for the kind words, which are absolutely reciprocated. When we were kicking each other I kept thinking this person’s really good, why have I never seen her before? Glad you enjoyed yourself (Christian and Sean are pretty next level IMO) and that you’re coming back for more tmrw (to say nothing of tonight apparently). Not that you should have any trouble after your countless hours of training all day but you’ll definitely need your sleep tonight. Thursdays are intense.

Off topic, if you’re staying in the Sherm Oaks, try these for food (bear with me, one of my hobbies is telling people where to eat):

Zankou Chicken (Sepulveda just N of Burbank Blvd)
    Star Falafel (Burbank Blvd just E of Hazeltine)

There’s also In N’ Out, K’s Donuts, and any number of taco trucks for less healthy options.

Ok, enjoy your stay, see mañana!

pinkgloves

Yoshi, I’m in town through Sunday morning. The next few days are split between Sherman Oaks and West LA.

Sean, I am positively too tired to think about curriculum for tomorrow. In warm up tonight I kept wondering why my arms were so sore, and then I remembered your jump rope. Haha!

Metta, it was great to train with you. Thank you for the kind words. I look forward to seeing you bright and early tomorrow! I’ll have to venture out and try some of the food recommendations. In-N-Out is my treat on Saturday after all this training is over.

Classes were awesome tonight. Archie stayed after class and gave me drill ideas to take back with me. Everyone has been so welcoming. As for me, it is definitely time for bed.

wds2

PinkGloves, I had the opportunity to train at the West Hollywood location for about a week plus this past August and cannot say enough good things about the trainers and students there. Everyone was cordial, great to work with and the classes were phenomenal. I’d love to go back and train again.

pinkgloves

I jumped into Christian’s Fight 1 class tonight and had my ass handed to me! It was both awesome and awful at the same time. The level of students in that class was so high. It was truly great to work with them and take stuff away from each person. I wish I had the opportunity to train with them on a regular basis, but for now, just this once will have to suffice. They were all very willing to work with and help me. Awesome times!

cinnamongirl

I also had the opportunity to train at KMWSO this past November for a couple of weeks, and I had a great time. Lots of great people there – everyone was so welcoming. Whenever I hear that any of my fellow students are going to L.A. I make sure to tell them to drop by for a class. I’m looking forward to visiting again – and hopefully next time I’ll get to check out the West L.A. location too!

Glad to hear you had such a great experience PinkGloves!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: