Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics PLEASE HELP ME!!! Kapap and Krav maga

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    tri4ever65

Hi,
    i am new at Krav and wanted to know the differences between Kapap and Krav maga.

thank you

lotar

Kapap is totally different to Krav maga. You should try both out and see which you prefer. Having studied both systems Kapap is a clear choice by miles with me.
    Good luck with whatever you choose.

Craig

kravjeff

Disagree

While I have not studied other Israeli arts, I’d recommend reading this article by someone who has:

http://www.usadojo.com/articles/krav-maga-not-alone.htm

I’ve read in numerous places that Israeli arts are all very similar, and have evolved from one another.

clegane

Thanks for that link kravjeff, very informative!
    Being new to KM I too was wondering about these other martial arts that were coming up in topics.

kadima

Its amazing how many KM sites and practioners have embraced that article even though its historical accuracy is very weak and it was written to further Jim Wagners business interests.

kravjeff

Kadima –

Please, enlighten us … I’ve read very similar histories in other places as well …

I stated that I’d not studied other arts – This was the first article I found when I \”googled\” … I didn’t have it waiting in the wings for just such an occasion.

lotar

Hi Jeff

I have only studied the IKMF Krav Maga.there is a world of difference between IKMF and Kapap, one difference is in Kapap we take into account the attacker may know how to retain the handgun/ knife. Therefore making the IKMF defences for these situations lethal for the defender. As said earlier though people should try different systems and choose for themselves which is best.

Craig

kravjeff

Thanks Craig –

I wasn’t trying to be confrontational, and hope I didn’t come across that way. Just my understanding (from reading) that the systems are very similar.

Thanks for the example.

Jeff

lotar

Hi Jeff

No probs bro ! I am a Kapap instructor in the UK if you need any info just let me know.

Thanks Craig

kravjeff

Re:

quote \”lotar\:

Hi Jeff

No probs bro ! I am a Kapap instructor in the UK if you need any info just let me know.

Thanks Craig

OK Craig – You should know! 🙂

Can you point me to anything unbiased that compares the systems? or perhaps something that fully describes not only Kapap but it’s origins?

Again, I’ve read several articles that discuss the similarities, suggests that they evolved out of each other etc … and have come across none that I can remember, that describe the differences, or even suggest that there are major differences. I certainly am not in a position to challenge your assertion – You’ve studied both and teach one – I’m just interested because of what I’ve read previously …

Thanks again,
    KJ

lotar

Hi Jeff

If you PM me your landline number I will give you a call.

Thanks Craig

kravjeff

Craig –

Thanks for the offer. Unfortunately, private messaging has been disabled … Feel free to drop me a note at [email protected]. Would love to chat sometime.

Jeff

whatever

I own many videos from Avi Nardia. I am not saying he is not professional on military subjects. But when it come to close combat, I find his system weak. Although I have heard he is a nice person, so I dont wanna say bad things.

whatever

Lotar,

I have checked your site. May I ask what do you mean, when you say this:
    ìAll KAPAP/Lotar instructors are Krav Maga instructors in the military, but not all Krav Maga instructors are KAPAP/Lotar instructors, which is the highest level of training.î

I am lucky to know the person who is responsible for the Military Close Combat Instructor program in the Israeli Military. I have also trained with the new kapap unit instructor. They are both from IKMF btw.

rick-prado

I read the article and come away thinking that not once mentioned were

Haim Gidon, the current IKMA Grandmaster and Imi’s successor in the IKMA and Eyal Yanilov, who heads the IKMF.

I’m not bashing anyorganization, but he claims he met and trained with the \”who’s who\” of Krav Maga and those guys were not even mentioned?

Unbelievable.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: