Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics POLL: GRACIE vs. HUGHES

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    emil

Do you know why not? Also, I take hughes by GnP first round. There is a remote chance i would go to decision, but still to Hughes. I wish Royce could win though. I think it’s ironic he would fall pray to a bastard step child of his own system.

prekarious1

Thanks, some reason I thought they were still allowed to wear the gi. Just chose not too. Also noticed that it is a Ca rule and that is where they will be fighting. Tickets are a bit out of my price range though.

dugfoot

Matt Hughes is one of the most focussed fighters I’ve seen since Royce Gracie’s time in the spotlight.
    Matt does have alot of different ways to win a fight but remember that Royce is the consumate student. He has been working very hard on his stand-up Muay Thai skills for several years now. If Royce’s game hasn’t improved in many ways, I don’t believe that he would take such a dangerous fight.
    Also, this fight is at 185, not 170. While Matt should be even stronger, this is Royce’s normal weight.
    I am curious, since this is a non-title match due to the increased weight limit, is this 3 or 5 rounds?
    I am not suprised Matt took this fight. He is a warrior’s warrior. I have the utmost respect for both fighters and what they have done for this sport.
    I won’t even try to guess the outcome of this. I just know that I have taken the night off for the fight so I can see it. I haven’t been this excited about a UFC match-up in a long time.

clfmak

Like I said- Akebono may not be a good example. The only time I’ve seen a sumo guy do well was when Koji Kitao won by armbar in Pride. But it does show Royce dealing with a big strong opponent who may lack technical skill.
    In any sort of standup match, I don’t see Royce doing well at all- you’ve got to hit Hughes very hard to cause effect. This is all very problematic for Royce because he’s had so many matches where his strategy was to shoot in for a takedown, and now he’s facing a guy who regularly picks people up and runs them across the ring for a big takedown. I’d still like to see Royce will win by submission, even though I see Royce being pounded while holding Hughes in his guard.

ryan

CA, NV, NJ–doesn’t matter, none of the commissions will allow the gi.

g-v

Re:

I almost don’t want to see the fight. Im a Royce Gracie fan…don’t wanna see him loose. 🙁

lazlo

Let’s not discount Hughes’ technical skill. He’s won by arm bar himself, did very well in college(as he reminds us often). So along with being as strong as a bull, he does have ground skills. Don’t get me wrong. I would love for him to not win, but I’m not seeing on paper. He’s lost to Hallman(sp) years ago, so he’s not Superman. There’s always a chance.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: