Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Krav Maga Videos Powerful knife defense demonstration

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    djtree

Wasn’t sure if we are able to embed videos here, but this looks like some fairly strong knife defense tactics. And the demo is performed with intensity

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYywGd2_7EY

traveler

Re: Powerful knife defense demonstration

Nice videos – he’s fast

Curious maybe someone can answer this…

Having an assailant slightly bent over facing you, reaching your right hand around grabing assailants chin, and ripping chin up and toward you as if you were trying to start a lawn mower. How much torque or force would be necessary and to what result is expected? Broken neck, black out, sore neck?? I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t want this to happen to me just curious as what to expect if executed properly.

don

I’ve seen that video before. Some things I like, some I don’t.

kevinmack

He took the good stuff from Karl Tanswells STAB program and added a lot of high risk fancy stuff that would probably end up getting you sliced.

kevinmack

now this is a much more functional,realistic and “strong” knife defense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_ZO17yWi7I

traveler

Yeah but there were no really cool rolls on the ground in that video.

I mean if you can’t take someone down to the ground and roll over on top of the knife and come up without stabbing yourself or having landed on something that punctures you during the roll…. then it just won’t be…Awesome.

If your gonna post a “buy into my program” online it’s gotta look…EPIC

Like dodging bullets, catching throwing stars with your teeth, defending chokes against bungee cables instead of piano wires

Friday 13th Stay Safe My Friends

djtree

quote KevinMack:

I really like that video too, and I did take a look at the Lee Morrison videos that were in the related videos column.

There’s a lot of good information out there. (And a lot of just “information” too, LOL).

I like the fact that a couple of these instructors make a point of saying that the best defense against a knife is immediate escape.

kmyoshi

OP’s video… I would like to see more of how he defended the initial swing of the knife before going for the disable/disarming of the attacker.

Kevin’s video… some good stuff.

I’m actually thinking of taking some Kali/Eskrima classes to get more knife defenses in my toolbox.

kevinmack

in Bellflower )LA County) there is a gym with a similar knife program as the video I posted called Red Zone. Much better than traditional Kali in my opinion and blends better with your KM.

http://centerlinegym.com/

kmyoshi

Kevin,

The guy I met while working teaches Eskrima that is focused more on practical/reality scenarios than traditional/sport Eskrima/Kali. I’m planning on taking one of his classes to see what he’s all about. Although he does put down KM as just a jumble of arts put together and he states that KM knife defenses were bought in the form of a notebook from an Eskrima master for an undisclosed amount. Not sure how true that is.

don

quote KMyoshi:

Kevin,

The guy I met while working teaches Eskrima that is focused more on practical/reality scenarios than traditional/sport Eskrima/Kali. I’m planning on taking one of his classes to see what he’s all about. Although he does put down KM as just a jumble of arts put together and he states that KM knife defenses were bought in the form of a notebook from an Eskrima master for an undisclosed amount. Not sure how true that is.

Hey Yoshi, who is this guy you’re thinking about training with (what FMA style/system and with whom did he train, etc)?

And the bolded part really raises some questions (as in I’m not really sure exactly WTF he’s talking about but it sounds like a load of BS…)…

lol

kmyoshi

Don, you have a PM!

don

PM’ed you back Bro.

kevinmack

the part Don bolded is bull****..our knife defenses tend to be very different from Escrima.
    One of the problems with the way people think is that they project modern sensibilities on the past. meaning…just because I know all about wing chun and kali and see tons of martial arts movies and youtube that Imi in israel back in the 60s must have had the same exposure.
    The big martial arts boom that exposed this stuff to America came in the late 60s and 70s. KM was developed between the 50s and early 70s in its civilian form. Israel was pretty isolated from the rest of the world and probably wasnt exposed to what we were until 10-15 years after the fact.
    When my instructor visited Imi and Eli Avikzars school in 1981 he said they had no training equipment. No pads. Thei heavy bag was a pillar with tires wrapped around it. They didnt have any rubber training knives so they used real knives and real guns. They didnt have access to all the stuff Americans did so every time he went back to Israel he would bring gear for them.
    Israelis had access to boxing/wrestling at first…then japanese Ju Jitsu and Judo….then aikido and karate in the 60s and ninjitsu in the 70s. Thats it.

nat-jam

quote KevinMack:

Cool! This is one of my most feared scenario.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: